Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Cundiff
United States
St. Bernice
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was there ever an overall formula for the development of new player cards? Perhaps something simple enough that all one has to do is input statistics into an Excel sheet and voila, new cards and new seasons?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schulzetenberg
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a fascinating question. I would love to know the same thing -- I'd love to recreate a few of my favorite teams from outside the span of published seasons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cundiff
United States
St. Bernice
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, exactly my idea. Would love to recreate the Black and Blue Division over the last 25 years or so. As a Packer fan crushing da bears, da lions, and da viks, would please me no end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Douglas
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some options out there. ABC Game Company sells the new seasons for Statis Pro. www.sycarion.com/statis-pro-football has several of the seasons available that were created by Lee Harris some time back and www.tabletop-sports.com has additional seasons created along with formulas to create your own seasons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Carduner
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Get blitzed! Play World in Flames!
mbmbmbmbmb
alextuesday wrote:
There are some options out there. ABC Game Company sells the new seasons for Statis Pro. www.sycarion.com/statis-pro-football has several of the seasons available that were created by Lee Harris some time back and www.tabletop-sports.com has additional seasons created along with formulas to create your own seasons.

ABC has added a boatload of new advanced rules in addition to creating new card sets. Some of the new advanced rules look interesting, but using them all would likely push the playing time of the game beyond 4 hours.

As far as the new card sets go, they have definitely created their own system - the cards do not match what you would get with the AH formula. This is probably a good thing, the AH formula was not robust enough IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Hayes
United States
Summerville
Georgia
flag msg tools
My question is this... When you bring in adanced rules, the original game was designed in a simpler way.

Jim Barnes and Joseph Balkoski came into this just plugging in stats into the game engine of STATIS PRO FOOTBALL. And it was very cut and dry.

However, now ABCGame.com and perhaps some added STATIS PRO FOOTBALL enthusiasts from various places have updated the game. My thing is a run is from a player's rushing stats, and a reception should come from their receiving stats whether the athlete plays at receiver or in the backfield. A rush is a "rush" and a reception is a "reception."

I've kept stats before for football teams in real life.

My thing is in STATIS PRO FOOTBALL is that on the screen play to running backs, new cards now have breakaways off the short gain on the cards of NFL running backs ... off the Run Number of 1 (and sometimes of Run Number 2 depending on the athlete). These breakaways off screen passes should therefore go with the "Long Gains" of the running backs' receiver charts on their player cards.

And this would better reflect statistical accuracy.

I welcome anyone's response to what I have proposed here.

I love this game - Avalon Hill's Statis Pro Football

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.