$5.00
$15.00
Steven Packard
United States
Palmdale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night I had 51 pages of unread forum threads in my Subscriptions. (I know, I know ... I'm a bit behind in my reading.)

The dates of them were evenly spaced out between Sept. 13 going back to Aug. 16.

I fell asleep checking BGG on my phone last night.

When I woke up, I had 9 forum threads in my Subscriptions area, all dated today.

???

This definitely helps me to get caught up, but not in the way that I'd prefer to do so.

Did this happen to anyone else?

If not, does anyone have a theory as to how I could sleepily and accidentally click on something which would have this effect? I'm assuming that I didn't click on "Mark as Read" one at a time several hundred times.

I'd like to know how I can accidentally do that, so I can avoid doing it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Packard
United States
Palmdale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, never mind.

I just saw that link that says "Mark All as Read" under the "Forums" heading.

Mystery solved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
WhiteKnight85 wrote:
Oh, never mind.

Mystery solved.

Note also that there's a Viewed setting for subscriptions, so you can recover them. I've never used the feature so I can't say how useful it will be. In any case, you'll get the message:

Seeing your viewed items requires site support at the $25 level.
Click here to support the site.
Alternatively, if you buy Adblock with geekgold, you will also gain access to this feature.

If you really want to see what you marked read, a little GG seems cheap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cool User
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I accidentally delete something (without having access to the "viewed" button), I click on Manage Subscriptions and go down the list that way. The unread posts will still be highlighted for you, although you have to click on each subscription separately. Granted, I only have about a dozen threads active at any given time so this will be more painful for you, but at least it's a start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WhiteKnight85 wrote:
Oh, never mind.

Mystery solved.

Don't feel bad. We all have gotten bit by the Mark All as Read "feature." The only good thing is that once bitten you'll remember.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, if you wait long enough, the subscriptions will expire automatically. (Was it 30 days or three weeks or something?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Packard
United States
Palmdale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
herace wrote:
WhiteKnight85 wrote:
Oh, never mind.

Mystery solved.

Don't feel bad. We all have gotten bit by the Mark All as Read "feature." The only good thing is that once bitten you'll remember.

My primary surprise, now that I've seen it (and used it) is that it's taken me this long to mistakenly click on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Packard
United States
Palmdale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
Also, if you wait long enough, the subscriptions will expire automatically. (Was it 30 days or three weeks or something?)

Yes, 30 days. It's not unusual for me to be fighting the calendar, trying to keep ahead of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Packard
United States
Palmdale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to everyone for your comments. They are helpful and useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.