Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wouter Van der Borght
Belgium
Aarschot
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmb
Shadowrun Crossfire seems almost impossible to get anywhere in Europe. Will there be a reprinting of the game? Will it be available in Europe?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only Catalyst knows.

I'd probably recommend obtaining a copy sooner than later if you're concerned about it.

Amazon.de has it available from what I can tell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noneya Bidness
United States
Middletown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sadly their support for the game is not (what I think) it should be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Meyer
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Just spoke with CGL and there is still plenty of stock available. If you can find out what distributer your local store uses I can have CGL reach out and see if more stock needs to be redirected to that market.j

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanos007 wrote:
Sadly their support for the game is not (what I think) it should be.

2014: Base Game released
2014: Character Pack 1 released
2015: Harlequin's Shadow Promo Card released
2015: High Calibre Ops Released
2016: Character Pack 2 released

I'm curious what level of support "you think it should be"

Lets compare to another card game with LOTS of expansions out: Dominion:

2008: Base Set
2009: Intrigue
2009: Seaside
2010: Prosperity
2010: Alchemy
2011: Cornucopia
2011: Hinterlands
2012: Dark Ages
2013: Guilds
2015: Adventures
2016: Empires

Promo cards and other similar non-commercial stuff not listed for either set.

Both look like there have been one or two content deliveries per year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here, let me fix that for you.

byronczimmer wrote:

2014: Some postcards released
2015: Rare / pretty much unobtainable interesting promo released (Vegas)
2015: Rare / pretty much unobtainable uninteresting promo released (Harlequin)
2016: More postcards released
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me fix *that* for you.

rattkin wrote:
Here, let me fix that for you be negative for no reason.

byronczimmer wrote:

2014: Some postcards released
2015: Rare / pretty much unobtainable interesting promo released (Vegas)
2015: Rare / pretty much unobtainable uninteresting promo released (Harlequin)
2016: More postcards released

Regardless of your feeling on promos or postcards, they're still items being created in support of the game, which means the title/line is still being carried by Catalyst and supported.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Meyer
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
I would like to stay on the original topic. If there are players that can't get the game please let us know so that product can be redirected to the distributors that need it. This would mean more players enjoying the game, better selthrough of the stock and show CGL that additional product is wanted and would be marketable.

The more people that check with their FLGS and tell me which distributes are reporting a lack of inventory the beeper we can be at redistributing product from wharehouses that are full.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
The unfortunate part is that there has really only been one expansion with any substantial content. Compare that to other games, and it seems like there is a lack of interest from the producers to keep interest up.

Releasing character packs is great for the people who want them, but it's not the kind of thing that gets people excited, or gets people to pull the game off of the shelf again after a year of collecting dust.

I don't know that there is enough demand out there for any more significant expansions. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me fix that for you again.

byronczimmer wrote:
they're still items being created in support of the Shadowrun lore, which means this IP is still being carried by Catalyst and supported.

Not negative. Realistic. This game is a sideproduct of a great lore, but a sideproduct it will remain. I don't foresee any more significant effort to make more *game* out of it (maybe they will eke out one more expansion). And, believe me, I'm sad when saying this, because I feel the potential was there, the theme is awesome, but the game didn't explore it enough.

It's one of these cases, where I think, that if they licensed Shadowrun to FFG, they would create a better product overall out of it. But, as recent GW breakup shows, maybe such cooperation isn't healthy after all, either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Schneider
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Let me address the two minor expansions - Vegas and the Harlequin's Shadow card.

Harlequin's Shadow: GENCON is our largest presence every year; we have a major booth, we launched there, we run 50+ events and usually keep 4-5 tables of Crossfire running from 9am-1am. I had this idea of a launch party (which we repeated with HCO). A chance for the design team and players to meet and talk. And we'd run a cool unique scenario. As a thank you for the attendees (about 75 each time) we'd give them a unique card designed for the event. Thus the Harlequin's Party event at Gencon was born and the Harlequin's Shadow Crossfire Card was created.

The Vegas Expansion: There's a retailer and distributor show called GAMA. At the event game publishers like Catalyst host events like breakfast or game nights for the attendees. We created the Vegas Expansion as a product retails would play at Catalyst Game Night, then take home and hopefully keep in their store or sell to their active players. It was reprinted obstacles with Vegas creative and special "Vegas Only" stickers (and a basic Vegas Mission).

We had enough extra that we also used them for the third Harlequin's Party.

I hope that clarifies those products,

Jay Schneider
Design Producer
Shadowrun: Crossfire
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geeborg wrote:
Let me address the two minor expansions - Vegas and the Harlequin's Shadow card.

Harlequin's Shadow: GENCON is our largest presence every year; we have a major booth, we launched there, we run 50+ events and usually keep 4-5 tables of Crossfire running from 9am-1am. I had this idea of a launch party (which we repeated with HCO). A chance for the design team and players to meet and talk. And we'd run a cool unique scenario. As a thank you for the attendees (about 75 each time) we'd give them a unique card designed for the event. Thus the Harlequin's Party event at Gencon was born and the Harlequin's Shadow Crossfire Card was created.

The Vegas Expansion: There's a retailer and distributor show called GAMA. At the event game publishers like Catalyst host events like breakfast or game nights for the attendees. We created the Vegas Expansion as a product retails would play at Catalyst Game Night, then take home and hopefully keep in their store or sell to their active players. It was reprinted obstacles with Vegas creative and special "Vegas Only" stickers (and a basic Vegas Mission).

Jay Schneider
Design Producer

Perhaps making these minor expansions available via normal retail channels (versus trade shows) might be appreciated by the fans? The BGG store carries promotional items of a similar nature from other titles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Meyer
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
byronczimmer wrote:

Perhaps making these minor expansions available via normal retail channels (versus trade shows) might be appreciated by the fans? The BGG store carries promotional items of a similar nature from other titles.

As much as I would like to see all products available to all customers Trade Show Exclusives have a purpose. Trade shows cost a lot of money to attend (for the vendor and the customer) and there needs to be an incentive to get people onto the show floor. Panels and press announcements are fine but there still needs to be a financial reason for the vendor to be at the show, Tournaments do not pay the bills.

I am always willing to shop for others while at conventions and even got my copy of Vegas from someone else when I could not get to GAMA. There is always a list of show exclusives posted somewhere and most vendors tell is ahead of time. Let people know you are interested and many will be glad to help you out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Printing exclusives and giving them away, versus selling them to people who are interested in a specific item, but not the time/expense of attending a trade show pays the bills... how?

I'm sorry, but I entirely disagree with your opinion on this one.

There is a clear market for additional content, especially for this game title.

There is a clear marketplace for such add-on content, the BGG store routinely sells such promotional items for a modest cost.

There is not a clear reason or logic to making an item exclusive and exclusionary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kd314
United States
cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Geeborg wrote:

Jay Schneider
Design Producer

What is the status on Corporate raid? Is that vaporware or is there an ETA? Asking for a friend

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.