$20.00
$15.00
$30.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

The Others» Forums » General

Subject: Heads up - The Others discussed on the Secret Cabal's latest podcast rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kasey HR
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Given the dirth of review content for this game, I thought I would make a post letting everyone know that The Secret Cabal discussed the Others on their latest podcast, episode 118. It is the first game Jamie talks about in the "what have we been playing" section of the show.

I wont spoil what they say, but in general the reaction is positive!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
msg tools
mbmbmb
I wouldn't consider it a "spoiler" lol

I have no intention of listening to a podcast, so I wouldn't mind if you did mention what they said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There wasn't really anything to spoil anyway, hah. It was mostly a lot of praise about the production values and excellent mini-quality. Brief overview of the game, how it's "roughly related to Zombicide" which I don't agree with. They talk about how great the ever-present pressure is on both sides. There's a lot of praise for the tons of variety in game modes and that it was "fun". I think you could gather most of this stuff from reading the rulebook and seeing pictures. Seemed mostly like their first impressions, like they had each played it once, there wasn't any talk of the different game modes or different sins and how they change the feel of the game.

Their closing thoughts "It's excellent, it's a well done game. It's very different feeling, It's like Zombicide but it's not really, it's a different thing in itself." Think it was Chris in the end who said he wished that he could trade Cthulhu Wars for The Others, but he likes games as collection pieces so he was mostly just referring to the miniatures.

It is nice to hear it talked about more though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasey HR
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Alright, a brief synopsis-

The commentary was littered with some heavy component compliments, stating that this is probably the highest quality game , materially speaking, from CMON yet.

Mechanically, they specifically note how much they like the variability of each setup, the corruption track, and the Sin interruption-turn style. All in all, they described the feel as very tense and exciting for both sides, comparing it to a "run and gun" miniatures game, somewhat like Zombicide but very much a different, unique game in its own right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.