Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.aresgames.eu/17296
Warriors of Middle-earth, the new expansion for War of the Ring Second Edition board game, is now shipping to distributors and will start to hit the US stores on September, 29th, arriving in other regions in the following weeks.

Warriors of Middle-earth: second expansion for War of the Ring.
Warriors of Middle-earth: second expansion for War of the Ring.
Warriors of Middle-earth brings to War of the Ring board game Ents, Dead Men of Dunharrow, Great Eagles of the Misty Mountains, Corsairs of Umbar, Wild Hilmen from Dunland, and Giant Spiders, previously featured only as special Event Cards. They will become essential part of the game, with unique figures and specific abilities to be combined with new mechanics to open up new strategies when playing the War of the Ring board game.

All the first printing copies include - free of charge - a set with two special promo cards - "Fly, You Fools" and "I was sent to bear tidings, not Burdens". Inititally offered with pre-orders, the promo is now going to be supplied shrink-wrapped together with the game to simplify the distribution process.

The War of the Ring Second Edition base game and its first expansion, Lords of Middle-earth are presently sold out, but they are now being reprinted and will be available again in the second half of November.

For more information about these products, visit the War of Ring section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralf Schemmann
Germany
Siegen
NRW
flag msg tools
www.der-ringkrieg.de
badge
www.der-ringkrieg.de
mbmbmbmbmb
Joel, did you perhaps mean to post this link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Kester
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet! glad to hear the promo is in every shrink. Don't need to worry about my online order having it or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brother J
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there going to be a collector's edition of this expansion like there was with Lords of Middle Earth? I have the CE and love the painted mini's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brotherj wrote:
Is there going to be a collector's edition of this expansion like there was with Lords of Middle Earth? I have the CE and love the painted mini's.

Yes - Ares are holding back the announcement until the Anniversary Edition is out.

A bit unnecessary really, especially for owners of the CE, but it is coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
nickbolton wrote:

From the preview, it appears the Shadow factions will all have black bases and the FP factions will all have white bases. CE owners would still need to paint 8 Dead Men, 8 Eagles, 8 Spiders, and 2 Corsairs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Dexter
msg tools
mbmbmb
ObsoleteThree wrote:
Sweet! glad to hear the promo is in every shrink. Don't need to worry about my online order having it or not.

I wouldn't worry one way or another about the promo. It is not a serious addition to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rafamir wrote:
nickbolton wrote:

From the preview, it appears the Shadow factions will all have black bases and the FP factions will all have white bases. CE owners would still need to paint 8 Dead Men, 8 Eagles, 8 Spiders, and 2 Corsairs.

If they wait for the limited edition, no painting will be needed. They will all come prepainted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The preview I was referring to:

http://www.gioconomicon.net/images/stories/componenti//Spiel...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brotherj wrote:

I must say I'm a bit surprised by the quantity of these questions.

I may be speaking from a slightly more informed perspective, giving me a distorted image, but from my point of view even with the slightest knowledge about Ares Games the answer would be - always, definiotely yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.