Subject: A request rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Prizzi
United States
West Newton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Please make this game closer to Twilight Struggle/Labyrinth in complexity/rules length and not as complicated as Here I Stand. If the rules are fairly simple to learn, I'll be buying the game and playing it a lot. If the rules are long and complicated I won't. That is all. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Vaughan
flag msg tools
On the GMT site, they rate Imperial Struggle a 3 in complexity while Twilight Struggle gets a 4. While the ratings are probably not completely standard, it sounds like that's what you're looking for
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cunningham
United States
Milford
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To complete the comparison, Here I Stand is rated a 6, and Labyrinth is rated a 4.

So:
Here I Stand = 6
Labyrinth = 4
Twilight Struggle = 4
Imperial Struggle = 3

According to somebody.

Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ananda Gupta
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
The intention with Imperial Struggle is to make it easier to learn and faster to play than TS. Not sure how the raw rulebook length will go, since I want to put in more inline examples.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Love
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if there will ever be a digital version of this game, as there is for TStruggle?

I hope so, am having a blast playing the game (TS)on IPad. It's also a great way to learn the game. After playing about 40 games, I have only won ONE game!

Either the AI is really good, or I am just hopeless at the game. Probably both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Weis
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
zombiewarrior07 wrote:
I wonder if there will ever be a digital version of this game, as there is for TStruggle?

I hope so, am having a blast playing the game (TS)on IPad. It's also a great way to learn the game. After playing about 40 games, I have only won ONE game!

Hopefully Ananda is reading this thread...whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
incinerator wrote:
zombiewarrior07 wrote:

Hopefully Ananda is reading this thread...whistle

He already posted in it so I think it's a safe bet to say he does...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ananda Gupta
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I'd love for there to be a digital version, if there's a lot of player value there! Right now I am focused on locking in the event cards and getting VASSAL playtesting off the ground; once the boardgame launches and we get a sense of the size of the audience and community, it'll be up to GMT, Gary & Playdek, and myself & Jason. I'll also need to get a separate release from Riot, my employer, since my current side project with them requires separate permission for side projects that are digital games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Pollock
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really looking forward to seeing what you guys can do with this new title, as TS is far and away my best game. And yes, if it's as good as it should be, a digital port by Playdek would be most welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.