$20.00
$5.00
$15.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Chaos in the Old World» Forums » General

Subject: I got it, we won't get any more CitOW. But could FFG possibly... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomasz Podsiadło
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... publish games files for printing? I'm especially keen on english version of cards/faction sheets (Not many people from abroad can play polish edition, you know?).

Lets think about that. They can't publish new games, sell the old IPs. But it should be ok, to share us something like that, am I wrong?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schafer
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think anything depicting anything of GW's intellectual property (like the name Bloodletters for example) will have to disappear.
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, GW isn't known for being lax when it comes to their IP.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Most company's are not going to allow their game assets laid out in BGG for reproduction.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
matthewabair wrote:
Most company's are not going to allow their game assets laid out in BGG for reproduction.


And GW have already CnDed the site once before. shake

Games Workshop and BoardGameGeek
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
matthewabair wrote:
Most company's are not going to allow their game assets laid out in BGG for reproduction.


And GW have already CnDed the site once before. shake
Games Workshop and BoardGameGeek


My comment was specifically "for reproduction". Basically the idea of faciliating even a partial PnP. I would applaud any company cracking down on that.

I've had files I created for PACG blocked from BGG due to Paizo concerns. Paizo has their Community Use Package (http://paizo.com/paizo/about/communityuse/package) and one shouldn't stray from that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Parkes
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
omnibus4404 wrote:
I got it, we won't get any more CitOW. But could FFG possibly...


... reprint the game as some kind of Lovecraft Cthulhu Arkham madness unspeakable old one blah blah?

If they were to print another game with these mechanics, I would suspect that would be the theme they would use.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eldil wrote:
omnibus4404 wrote:
I got it, we won't get any more CitOW. But could FFG possibly...


... reprint the game as some kind of Lovecraft Cthulhu Arkham madness unspeakable old one blah blah?

If they were to print another game with these mechanics, I would suspect that would be the theme they would use.

How much does that end up just overlapping Cthulhu Wars?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mendiola
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Eric Lang is working on a spiritual successor to Chaos, based on an interview he did last year where they asked him what he would change about Chaos and he said he couldn't talk about it, because of an upcoming project.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Mercer
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren't Blood Rage and Cthulhu Wars already re-imaginings of this concept?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spinningdice wrote:
Aren't Blood Rage and Cthulhu Wars already re-imaginings of this concept?


Both of which are not released by FFG.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Stępniak
msg tools
mbmbmb
In my opinion BR is completely different game. Randomness is only in drafting, so it's more like eurogame with great miniatures. I agree that CW is rethemed CitOW and has poorer mechanics.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Podsiadło
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For Me CW is also very different from CitOW, they share only 3 tiers of units and action points management, and there're similiarities in theme. But for me it implements almost every thing as well as Chaos or even better. Combat system, randomness, resource management, victory conditions, balance, player number. But I'm biased, and played it with expansions. Just an opinion, I don't want another flame war.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mendiola
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmarpriest wrote:
In my opinion BR is completely different game. Randomness is only in drafting, so it's more like eurogame with great miniatures. I agree that CW is rethemed CitOW and has poorer mechanics.


I used to think they were similar, but honestly, Chaos has some glaring flaws that knock it below Cthulhu Wars in my opinion. Nurgle and Khorne being, effectively, only effective at one track of victory is one. The event cards and how swingy they can be is another. It's a popular game and fun, but it definitely has design flaws.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.