Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie Johnson
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
As promised, we’ll soon be launching the Rising 5 Kickstarter !

Along with a lot of help from Gary Kim, Evan Song, Vincent Dutrait and Mandoo games we’ve prepared one hell of a Crowdfunding adventure for you including plenty of new and exclusive content as well as a few rather innovative (or at least we like to think so) elements that will hopefully tickle your fancy!

“So when exactly?!” I hear you cry? Well, all I can say for now is that it’ll be later this month. As we like to do things properly, “aux règles de l’art” as the French say, we still have a few things to polish up before we’re 100% ready to rumble. As per though, we’ll let you know as soon as we have an official date!

In the mean time don’t hold back with any questions or queries you may have and feel free to ask them here on BGG, we'll be more than happy to reply!

So get ready heroes, your adventure begins soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Rising 5,coming late September!

That's fantastic news. I was gonna try and stop Kickstarter for a while (so my funds and favour with the wife both improved!) but then I saw the BGG interview/demo on YouTube, commented and got hooked. No chance.

This looks great from everything I've seen or read. Can't wait to find out more and jump on board. Boom.

Steve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua N
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any info on the price? Will there be early bird pledges? Will there be a Rahdo video?

I've had this game on my radar for a while now, so good to hear it's coming soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Johnson
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
snakehawk37 wrote:
Any info on the price? Will there be early bird pledges? Will there be a Rahdo video?

I've had this game on my radar for a while now, so good to hear it's coming soon!

Sorry for teh late repluy guys, for some reason I wasn't notified!

the standard pledge will be $40 and yes there will be early birds and a Rahdo review
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I pay more can I get it with no Rahdo review?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean Gouin
Canada
Sherbrooke
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WhelpSlayer wrote:
snakehawk37 wrote:

the standard pledge will be $40 and yes there will be early birds and a Rahdo review

Canada Friendly Shipping ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Johnson
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Lancedeleau wrote:
WhelpSlayer wrote:
snakehawk37 wrote:

Canada Friendly Shipping ?

Normally yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juri Juksar
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
Just checking, but it seems there will be a slight delay? Seeing as it pretty late September. Not mad or anything just curious, a good game later is better than a bad game now.

EDIT: Saw on their FB page that it was delayed until Oct 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there more information on the actual gameplay anywhere?
Watching the video about how the app works,
it all looks like some fancy kind of Master Mind...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Johnson
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
So after doing some last minute tweaks to the campaign, we are ready to launch heroes!

You'll find us live on Kickstarter on Thursday October the 6th at 8pm (GMT+2)! Of course we'll post the link here as soon as it's up!

In the mean time I'm very happy to reveal the trailer video where, amongst other things, you can discover Olivier's magnificent voice!

So you can check out the video here on BGG here: https://boardgamegeek.com/video/108728/rising-5-runes-astero...

We'll also have runthorugh videos from Rahdo, UV and board game brawl during the campaign!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Leuthold
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It should be online now, or am i wrong?...

Sorry...

8pm, not am....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rumblejack wrote:

Sorry...

8pm, not am....

If it makes you feel better, I was checking for the campaign yesterday and was very sad to realize it was not Thursday
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Johnson
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
coldkorn wrote:
Rumblejack wrote:

Sorry...

8pm, not am....

If it makes you feel better, I was checking for the campaign yesterday and was very sad to realize it was not Thursday

Well the promised time is almost here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Bradley
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/148661905/rising-5-rune...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Gloomhaven
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmb
Yikes. That's a terrible "Collector's Edition"

Bundling the ridiculously oversized (but prettier) box, the completely useless artbook, the unnecessary minis and the really unnnecessary oversized board with a tiny amount of gameplay content in a few extra cards is just UGH.

Artbooks are the most extraneous extra ever and should NEVER be required purchases to get extra game content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Bradley
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:
Yikes. That's a terrible "Collector's Edition"

Bundling the ridiculously oversized (but prettier) box, the completely useless artbook, the unnecessary minis and the really unnnecessary oversized board with a tiny amount of gameplay content in a few extra cards is just UGH.

Artbooks are the most extraneous extra ever and should NEVER be required purchases to get extra game content.

Yeah, I mean it totally bombed for Scythe. Oh wait...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Gloomhaven
badge
mbmb
Pandakai wrote:

The artbook level only added the artbook. If you wanted all game content you could easily leave out the artbook.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jameystegmaier/scythe/d...

So try again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Bradley
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:
Pandakai wrote:

The artbook level only added the artbook. If you wanted all game content you could easily leave out the artbook.

So try again.

You don't like the Collector's Edition content, don't get the Collector's Edition. I'm psyched for the content--it's exactly what I would want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pandakai wrote:
You don't like the Collector's Edition content, don't get the Collector's Edition.

Genius. What would we do without your help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pandakai wrote:
You don't like the Collector's Edition content, don't get the Collector's Edition. I'm psyched for the content--it's exactly what I would want.

I've seen many Kickstarter projects change pledge levels around and introduce new ones based on backer feedback. "If you don't like it, don't buy it" isn't a response that helps anyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Bradley
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Pandakai wrote:
You don't like the Collector's Edition content, don't get the Collector's Edition.

Apparently just complain about it on BGG forums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Gloomhaven
badge
mbmb
Pandakai wrote:
stevelabny wrote:
Pandakai wrote:

So try again.

So your snarky comment was proven wrong so then you just ignore my original comment? Ok then.

The game looks interesting. I would definitely want the extra cards. I may or may not want an over-sized board (seems more important in other games with lots of dudes on map than this one) and miniatures. I have no interest in the artbook as much as I like Dutrait's art.

I PROMISE you that I am not the only person who has no interest in the artbook but would want the gameplay content.

And by stating this opinion, it increases the chances of others agreeing with me and the cards being added as a $5 add-on.

The "don't want it, don't buy it" thing is great. But as a backer, you should want me to want to back so you get better stretch goals. So step back from the snark for a second and realize that at the very least, the cards and the minis should also be available as separate add-ons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pandakai wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:

Apparently just complain about it on BGG forums.

But that's exactly what we're doing WITH your valuable help. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Bradley
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:
Pandakai wrote:
stevelabny wrote:
Pandakai wrote:

So try again.

So your snarky comment was proven wrong so then you just ignore my original comment? Ok then.

The game looks interesting. I would definitely want the extra cards. I may or may not want an over-sized board (seems more important in other games with lots of dudes on map than this one) and miniatures. I have no interest in the artbook as much as I like Dutrait's art.

I PROMISE you that I am not the only person who has no interest in the artbook but would want the gameplay content.

And by stating this opinion, it increases the chances of others agreeing with me and the cards being added as a $5 add-on.

The "don't want it, don't buy it" thing is great. But as a backer, you should want me to want to back so you get better stretch goals. So step back from the snark for a second and realize that at the very least, the cards and the minis should also be available as separate add-ons.

Actually, we're both right, although I may have misunderstood you.

2,915 backers of Scythe wanted the artbook included in their Collector's Edition, so it's not fair to say that an artbook is "terrible," "completely useless," and "the most extraneous extra ever."
These were the comments I was fighting you on because I and 2,914 others disagree with you wholeheartedly.

However, I now see your point that there are other Collector's Edition elements that are appealing and you would like your add-on's offered ala carte. Clearly, 11,234 Collector's and Premium Scythe backers would agree with you. And I think it's a good thing to advocate for. Whether or not it's easily accommodated on the production side of things is something to be worked out, but it does seem Jamey knew what he was doing with his Kickstarter pledge options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Johnson
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Well, some would say a bigger box, artbook and some cool accessories is the very definition of a collectors edition. if you're looking for gameplay options, they're minimal between the two, the HERO pledge simply gives you a bit more variety with bosses.

However, at the end of the day its each to their own, that's why we wanted a normal and collector's box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.