Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: OP games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Hazelrigg
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I would like to know how i can get access to the different OP games? Where i live, there isn't any interest in attack wing. I am looking for several of them to play with the only friend that i know plays it in my area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you just want to play the scenarios informally, the rules for all the events are available online under events. Many of them don't require special components or anything.

To get the pieces for the ones that do (and also the prize ships, of course), you'll want to find a retailer willing to buy the kit for you. Tell them you're interested in running an event. The cost may be fairly substantial if only two of you are participating, though; a lot depends on how friendly your LGS is. If you don't care about the prizes, it would probably be a lot cheaper and easier to look for the components on ebay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
"Ahh! The aroma of several adventure games emanates from your person."
badge
"Save early, save often."
mbmbmbmbmb
Which events are you looking to play first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Hazelrigg
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was interested in the new Trouble with Tribbles. Really i am interested in any of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Hazelrigg
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
The components are really what i would like. But the prize would be awesome. I am going to the local hobby store and ask if they would consider ordering them for me. Or maybe start promoting it, and start creating new players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Knapp
United Kingdom
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good way to start - similar to what I did. I checked all Wizkids registered stores within a 20 mile radius and e-mailed them all if they were willing to run STAW events and that I could pretty much fill them up and that I would cover the cost of the kit ($15-25). A few replied and led to getting them going...

Failing that, the participation prizes can be had for next to nothing while at least giving you some of the flavour!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The OPs, as they exist today feed the most competitive among the community. The scenarios are often not that thematic (except superficially). Often the centerpiece of the scenario is largely irrelevant. Not always, but often.

You could alway organize your own game based on your own scenario. You could even come up with a variation of a card mission or previous OP scenario (say from the Dominion era) and have a good time with your friend. And it would cost you nothing. Just a thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair enough, Tribbles is something you can play easily enough. Just look up the rules as mentioned before. ^^

Others like the Tholian Web are trickier. If your store isn't willing to order the kits or is unable to because its out of print, I'll be glad to help you find the components. ^^ Because I'm looking to get the prizes from events that happened prior to me discovering the game, I'm daily looking around. For example this seller on ebay has a good number of unopened OP kits up for bid. Could be potentially cheaper that way.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...=

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EduSun Trebor wrote:
Fair enough, Tribbles is something you can play easily enough. Just look up the rules as mentioned before. ^^

Others like the Tholian Web are trickier. If your store isn't willing to order the kits or is unable to because its out of print, I'll be glad to help you find the components. ^^ Because I'm looking to get the prizes from events that happened prior to me discovering the game, I'm daily looking around. For example this seller on ebay has a good number of unopened OP kits up for bid. Could be potentially cheaper that way.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...=

And check the "Star Trek Trading Group" on FB too - you can find a lot of folks and cut out the middle man. (and folks will trade or sell)

It used to be called "Star Trek Attack Wing Trade Group", but they recently changed the name.

I may have some older items as well and plan on posting them on there in a week or so. (such as an extra set of the bacteria tokens from the "A Matter of Honor OP")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You got a link to their main page please? ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EduSun Trebor wrote:
You got a link to their main page please? ^^

Sure! Like I said, they recently changed the name, but it's still mostly STAW stuff. (and you will recognize a lot of names in there too - pretty big group)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/StarTrekAttackWingMarketplac...

EDIT: most of the STAW groups on FB are "Closed" to keep out the spam. Ask to join and you'll be added pretty fast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, just wanted to be sure I was checking the right place. ^^ b
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.