Agricola: Family Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Component Quality rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas Plotzke
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
This may be a weird question, but for anyone who has the game, how is the quality of the cardboard specifically? And the board? I know the wood pieces are probably fine.

Thank you for anyone that responds!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Wickline
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With one exception, the cardboard components (e.g., tiles, board) appear to be of good quality. I don't know if this is idiosyncratic to my set, but I've found the connection between the board and the extension (e.g., changes depending on the number of players) to be kind of tight. It's tight enough that the pieces that connect the two (i.e., the "puzzle parts") are starting to split. I think I can fix it with a little Elmer's, but I haven't tried it yet. FWIW, I have the 2016 revised edition of Agricola, also from Mayfair, and have not had this problem with the board extension.

There's a new video review of Family Edition that was posted yesterday. Don't know if that might be helpful in judging the cardboard quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hellström
Sweden
Kalmar
Sverige
flag msg tools
I agree with Phil about the puzzle-connection. But there is no important information. I have played it only about 10 times. And so far it is not looking bad when laying on the table, it just released very little in the puzzle-parts. Other than that it is great quality on all other parts. And I have children that use to have dirty hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.