Subject: Solo Play ? with 1st edition base rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Boutilier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so 1st edition shadowrift solo plays.
2nd edition will have solo rules if you don't want to just play 2 hands.

Archfiends.... can you play with 1st edition and Solo the whole thing? (not just "can" you, but does it offer a great game?)

Thanks !

Most people say Archfiends really makes Shadowrift shine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
If you can keep track of the turn phases, you can play 1st Ed the same as 2nd Ed for solo play and it works.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gzeievxnwnjoju5/AADcwfw_jy4D3d6Cc... has the rulebook. On page 10 there's the Solo Variant.
This functions properly for Archfiends, though a few of the Archfiend effects can be more brutal than normal.
Then again, I assume players who are trying Archfiends are specifically AFTER "more brutal," so I'm not too worried about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy Durgin
United States
Tijeras
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always just played it two-handed. It's fine that way. I don't know what the special solo rules will bring to it, though I have ordered the 2nd edition and expansion. It's a great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ryan
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremy - with the Solo Variant and Archfiends, would you play that the Archfiend acts at the beginning of EACH Heroes Act step or just the 1st one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Just the first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.