Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John M
United States
Henderson
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The quest was getting bleak. As the Battlemage stared into the yawning mouth of another dungeon passage, he knew it was time to turn back. But there was glory to be had still. There were no mewling companions left to hold him back, none to usurp the glory that rightfully was his and his alone. To delve deeper or to turn and run? There was no choice to even be made. It has been said that in a fit of Arcane Fury, a Battlemage can defeat an entire chamber full of monsters - destroying all of their loot in the process. Let them know his true power.

Anyway, my question came about as my Battlemage wanted to continue to seek glory by going deeper into the dungeon (which of course he/I did). However, all of his companions had already been exhausted from fighting other monsters. Undisturbed by their weakness, he wanted to go on with his quest alone.

Normally this would be a terrible idea. You must defeat all monsters after the Dungeon Dice are rolled or you lose the experience for your delve. However, the battlemage has the ability of Arcane Fury ("discard all monsters, chests, potions, and dice in the dragon's lair"). So even alone, it would seem that the battlemage could wipe all dice rolled at the start of a new level.

So my question had two parts. First, the rules state under the seek glory section in the regroup phase that "The adventurer challenges the next level of the dungeon, keeping any active party dice available for use". It seems like the adventurer is the one challenging the dungeon by going deeper, with or without the party dice companions. So all your party dice being in the graveyard doesn't seem to force you to retire.

As useless as that would normally be, the Battlemage's ultimate of Arcane Fury allows you to discard all monsters/dragons. So even without any companions to fight the monsters or dragons rolled, my battlemage could use his ultimate to discard all the dungeon dice. So as long as it is untapped, it seems to me like you can always delve one level deeper to get one more experience point.

Am I interpreting both those points correctly? You can travel alone into the dungeon and Arcane Fury can wipe out an entire Dungeon Lord's roll?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have it correct on both points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.