Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At first glance, it seems that it is not a fully identical, one to one re-implementation of Speicherstadt and its hard to find OOP expansion Kaispeicher. There's a handful of cards from the expansion that didn't get their equivalent in Jorvik...

That might not necessarily be a bad thing, if what they did is to streamline the game. But at the same time I'm glad that I grabbed a copy of Speicherstadt and Kaispeicher when I had the chance...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Link?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Huynh
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Link?

It's in the files section on the game page here on BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is posted here on BGG:

Jorvik Rules (English)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From my comments on the file page:

Quote:
All the cards are included, minus only the "Coffee Break." (I'm trying to figure out what it was swapped for.)

A few things have changed, though. Cards moved from one deck to another, and the rare good merchants changed from "a good for 3 dollars" to "a good for 2 dollars" and are worth and extra vp.

Other than those minor changes, pretty straight reprint.

Also, no straight 1vp card, now there are 2 2vp cards. And the rules for Snitch changed slightly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boomtron wrote:
From my comments on the file page:

Quote:
All the cards are included, minus only the "Coffee Break." (I'm trying to figure out what it was swapped for.)

A few things have changed, though. Cards moved from one deck to another, and the rare good merchants changed from "a good for 3 dollars" to "a good for 2 dollars" and are worth and extra vp.

Other than those minor changes, pretty straight reprint.

Also, no straight 1vp card, now there are 2 2vp cards. And the rules for Snitch changed slightly.
you're right. Only the coffee break is missing. Same total number of cards though.

Apparently Vikings can't take a break! They have to make moves all the time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Figured it out. It's another value 3 "journey" card. ("Scoring building" in the original.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Nugent
United States
Tamworth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The box must indicate that the game can be played by 2 - 5 players. One person has voted on how many it plays best with: 2.

I love Speicherstadt, but never bought it because (I think) I would have needed the Kaispeicher expansion to make it playable with just 2. Does Jorvik solve this problem?

Can this one box really accommodate just 2 players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Kern
United States
Florence
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EllenCaroline wrote:
Can this one box really accommodate just 2 players?

Base Speicherstadt could also accommodate two players, though you'd be hard-pressed to find many who claimed that as the best player count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.