J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've only played one game and we had two "dex" challenges that came up. Stacking dice and pulling a paper.

I know some people that have cerebral palsy, mild, but hand control is an issue.

So do they just take the failure for not being able to do these tasks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
RockstarSuperVillain wrote:
I've only played one game and we had two "dex" challenges that came up. Stacking dice and pulling a paper.

I know some people that have cerebral palsy, mild, but hand control is an issue.

So do they just take the failure for not being able to do these tasks?

Just make them roll against their agility score (or whatever seems most suitable given the challenge). Having fun is the aim, and an auto-fail isn't great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd go with an auto-success over an auto-fail. I haven't seen the paper-pulling one, but the dice stacking was very trivial anyway.

Maybe roll 2D6 against agility so a failure is fairly unlikely?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GEORGE PARASKEVOPOULOS
Greece
ATHENS
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The difficulty level of those challenges is low. With a careful try I could say the percentage of failure is something close to 10%. So, I believe a D6 with a 2+ for success is a fair option, even for those who just don’t want to waste time for a dex test while playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
I wrote Games Workshop about this, and asked that they please consider this for future releases. I also found the "dexterity" mini game rather jarring, as my friend who doesn't have steady hands failed miserably. Nice idea, I guess, but I would have preferred they not include it.

They gave me a nice, generic response thanking me for my interest. I think their games are designed so far in advance of release, that it wouldn't affect any releases for some time anyway...!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.