Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Lott
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So the two distributors here in Washington don't have it available yet. Where is this game supposedly available?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Justice
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine from Stronghold.

https://strongholdgames.com/store/board-games/terraforming-m...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought one today from my FLGS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilly Berto
United States
flag msg tools
The early launch kit for FLGS is like today I think, and then 2 weeks for OLGS/everyone who didn't get an early launch kit. Also it is currently available directly from the pub for full price right now last time I checked. So on or around 9/28 you should be able to order freely from the usual suspects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Murphy
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
masaakunokouchi wrote:
So the two distributors here in Washington don't have it available yet. Where is this game supposedly available?

400 retailers are supposed to have the eraluxury kit. I don't think there is a list of what stores they are. So call you local game store and ask if they have it. If they are not participating then the worldwide release date is September 28th. Though it might take a few days for the store to have it on shelves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's also heavily allocated so stores won't be getting as many copies as they originally ordered in some cases
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sizzla wrote:

Called a couple near me yesterday... 1 of them said they plan on getting it, and will call me as soon is it came in and I can pay for it over the phone, either yesterday or today. Ill be waiting eagerly once 10am hits here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:
Sizzla wrote:

Called a couple near me yesterday... 1 of them said they plan on getting it, and will call me as soon is it came in and I can pay for it over the phone, either yesterday or today. Ill be waiting eagerly once 10am hits here.

Good luck. My FLGS also included a promo card that was apparently exclusive to the stores who did the pre-release program.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sizzla wrote:
jnowak415 wrote:
Sizzla wrote:

Good luck. My FLGS also included a promo card that was apparently exclusive to the stores who did the pre-release program.

Thanks. Im a little anxious, as I was thinking Id be getting the call yesterday...but they were pretty responsive in the communication I had with them, so Im hopeful. And yes, I had heard rumblings about a promo card with these early copies...its a nice bonus!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Scaggs

Indianapolis
Indiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to pick up my reserved copy from my FLGS yesterday with the promo card. They only had one copy for retail that wasn't pre-ordered.

Each store that took part in the system received 5 copies of the game, promo cards, and a demo copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cromusz wrote:
I was able to pick up my reserved copy from my FLGS yesterday with the promo card. They only had one copy for retail that wasn't pre-ordered.

Each store that took part in the system received 5 copies of the game, promo cards, and a demo copy.

Still waiting on that phone call I was told I would get when my LGS got it in...

I doubt that the store would tell me they are receiving it if they were not already planning on getting it...

Wonder what the hold up is...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Scaggs

Indianapolis
Indiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully the one that said they'd sell you a copy wrote down your info somewhere that they'll find it when the delivery arrives.

Mass release of the game is 9/28 so it shouldn't be too long of a wait even if your store didn't get on the early list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They asked if I wanted to be called when they receive it, so I can pay on the phone and theyll hold it til I can make it in. Initially I asked if theyd hold it because I didnt know if Id be able to make it in yesterday, because of work. They said they dont hold past that current day, but if I paid for it, I could leave it there for pick up indefinitely.

Im just hoping that theyre not planning on getting dozens of copies, and then only getting 5, so they just dish em out to the employees and friends and whatnot.

The girl I talked to seemed very friendly, though. So fingers crossed.

EDIT: And like you said...its only a couple weeks away from wide release, so really, no biggie.

I just ordered Mage Knight off Amazon, and picked up MoM2e a week or so ago for 40% off. Im not hurting for things to play...just been super stoked for this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilly Berto
United States
flag msg tools
jnowak415 wrote:
They asked if I wanted to be called when they receive it, so I can pay on the phone and theyll hold it til I can make it in. Initially I asked if theyd hold it because I didnt know if Id be able to make it in yesterday, because of work. They said they dont hold past that current day, but if I paid for it, I could leave it there for pick up indefinitely.

Im just hoping that theyre not planning on getting dozens of copies, and then only getting 5, so they just dish em out to the employees and friends and whatnot.

EDIT: And like you said...its only a couple weeks away from wide release, so really, no biggie.

I just ordered Mage Knight off Amazon, and picked up MoM2e a week or so ago for 40% off. Im not hurting for things to play...just been super stoked for this one.

The way I understand is that the early release kit was limited to 5 copies for sale per store. I wasn't clear on if a store could order multiple kits, but I seem to remember a tweet that suggested it may be a limit of 1. I am sure the same stores will be getting more come the week of the 28th. You should confirm with your store if they ordered the early release kit or not (or perhaps multiple copies of it). They would know if they did....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guillyberto wrote:
jnowak415 wrote:

The way I understand is that the early release kit was limited to 5 copies for sale per store. I wasn't clear on if a store could order multiple kits, but I seem to remember a tweet that suggested it may be a limit of 1. I am sure the same stores will be getting more come the week of the 28th. You should confirm with your store if they ordered the early release kit or not (or perhaps multiple copies of it). They would know if they did....

When I asked my initial question, it was about the Early Kit...they confirmed that they were expecting to receive it yesterday or today, and that as soon as it came in, they would call me and let me order it. They have been open for about 4.5 hours today...I still have not received a call. Im gonna give it a few more hours and then call them again, myself.

EDIT: Worst comes to worst, I wait 2 weeks (while playing my other new games), and then I get to buy it from my PREFERRED LGS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Wu
United States
Walnut
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know of any so cal stores that have it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tibbles von tibbleton
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I had to call around, only found 2 local shops doing the promo event and only 1 of the 2 even got early copies to sell. And the early copies had some delivery issue so are not even arriving until the 16th. The person on the phone told me I'd get one of the promo cards since I preordered, but hearing there's only 5 per store worries me a bit. Seems dubious I was one of the first 5 to sign up and they didn't phrase it like they knew exactly how many copies they were receiving. Will find out tomorrow...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE ON MY FLGS:

Just got my phone call. Game is ordered with my receipt taped to the box, sitting behind the counter. WOOHOO!! Dp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Scaggs

Indianapolis
Indiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great news! I'm looking forward to hearing how you like the game. I played my first game last night and it was a ton of fun. I messed up on a ton of the rules so I'm looking forward to a more clean run the next time. I was really excited when I drew the promo card and got to play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cromusz wrote:
That's great news! I'm looking forward to hearing how you like the game. I played my first game last night and it was a ton of fun. I messed up on a ton of the rules so I'm looking forward to a more clean run the next time. I was really excited when I drew the promo card and got to play it.

Im wondering if all the promo cards are the same, or if there are different ones.

Yeah, Im gonna be watching/listening to some more gameplay videos and stuff today while working. Tonight I'll go through my step by step walkthrough game, learning the rules (hopefully correctly LOL) and getting a hang of the game. Then tomorrow I should be able to hunker down and get a few serious games in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Scaggs

Indianapolis
Indiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if they're the same or different. I think they're all the same for the early kits: Small Asteroid [209]. It cost 10 and is a space event. "Terraforming Mars Promo"
(Increase temperature 1 step. Remove up to 2 plants from any player)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's the promo card available at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.