Guardians' Chronicles» Forums » Rules

Subject: Reinforcement question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Romain C.
France
flag msg tools
Hi,

I'm, like many, puzzled by the rules and I can't figure how the respawning of minions work.

I understand it works with the command room (there is a picture of minions on a side), but don't know how or when it make minions spawn.

Each end turn when Skarov activate any of the room ?
Instead of activate a room Skarow make minion spawn somewhere ?

When a spawning occur, is it in all room or just one ?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will try to help,

Look in your rule book,on the back of the next to last page, at the last group of rules where it says 3-END OF TURN.

Look at the bullet point Room Activation, read only the first line for our purpose. (each purple space in the control room corresponds to a map tile or ROOM in the base.)

Now...

Look at your scenario book at mission SCENARIO 1: DR SKAROVS LAIR

you will notice Skarov's control room in the map is room B01. DR Skarov is sitting in a blue box in that map image in the control room.

THAT EXACT LOCATION in that blue box refers to ROOM CONTROL-B01. so when skarov is on there and activates that purple spot, he in fact activates that tile that summons reinforcements.

If Skarov moved down one spot, then you get to activate ROOM ENTRY-A01, If he then moves right he activates TRAP-B03, and then up he activates room TRAP-A01

SO in this scenario skarov can respawn minions in the upper left location of the blue tinted area in control room B01 when he activates it on his turn. Thats the special ability of that room...

If you were playing the intro scenario, there is no minion re spawn as that scenario is simply showing base mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romain C.
France
flag msg tools
Thanks for your reply.

So the re spawn location in the control room is always a purple spot wich does not activate a room.

You have when you build Dr Skarovs lair, to let a side of the control room "empty" to allow respawning ?

Last precision, when on the purple spot to summon reinforcements, minions appear in all reinforcements spot of the map ?
(I guess of course we take account the number of heroes to fill in the right spot)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nono..I see where i confused you..

In the map here.. its has 9 tiles.
The center tile is the control room. The 9 purple spaces in the middle each refer to ta tile on themap. (RED ARROWS)

Note the CENTER purple space. That ACTIVATES the CENTER MAP. The ability of the map is to call in reinforcements. When activated, you may place the REINFORCEMENTS in any SPAWN area (Yellow Arrows) (not all spawn points marked with yellow arrows for simplicity.

As a note:
Only one reinforcment can be placed on each spawn point so youl have to spread them out.

The red arrows end on the Activation notes for each room as you can see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romain C.
France
flag msg tools
Hooo I see.

So 3 minions by activation, like the drawning suggest ? (no adaptation for numbers of players then).

Thank you again Scott, really appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kooppa55 wrote:
Hooo I see.

So 3 minions by activation, like the drawning suggest ? (no adaptation for numbers of players then).

Three minions of your choice, you can do al the same type or mix and match.
I dont recall off the top of my head about player group size..
ill get back to you on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
atraangelis wrote:
Kooppa55 wrote:
Hooo I see.

Three minions of your choice, you can do al the same type or mix and match.
I dont recall off the top of my head about player group size..
ill get back to you on that.

The reinforcement spaces have a 2+, 3+, 4+ printed on them. So you can only place more minions on available spaces depending on the number of heroes. So in a 3 player game, the 4+ spaces are unavailable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy
England
Chorleywood
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all this info, very useful. Does the spawn space need to be empty. In other words do the minions placed there at the start of the game need to have moved?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the space needs to be empty. Someone with more experience can confirm that but I know that you can't end your movement in the same space as another model. I don't have my copy handy so I can't confirm the wording on the cards but unless you are spawning and moving at the same time, you would have to have the spawn points empty to place a new minion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.