Popular Tags: [View All]
Thanos Larisis
Greece
Athens, Neo Irakleio
Attica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello
My partner and I are both interested in this game since it's announcement.
She is a Lovecraft fan,as am I.
We both play Netrunner and GoT 2nd ed (competitively for the first one)
and we are wondering how many core sets do you need for 2 people to create any deck they like.
My guess would be 4, from what I have already read. and 2 of each expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Hemming
Germany
Köln
flag msg tools
mb
Memo to me: subscribing to a hyped game is a bad idea whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are talking about the ridiculously extreme case where you might want both players to have the maximum allowed copies of the same card in both decks, that sounds right.

I'd rather just proxy a couple extra cards if I needed them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
United States
Mesa
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd just play it safe and get 8 copies, you can never be too careful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
4 is ideal. My player 2 is not my wife so he also wants his own cards. So the core box, although it can be played as a two player game out of the box, is really a personal item. I'll be getting a second core eventually,he may as well. I'll be buying my own expansions, I'm uncertain of his plans though.

If you have the funding and your that much of a completionist (I am), I'd say go for it. Especially since you're both big Lovecraft fans.

If you want to be safe, I'd say just get 1 core (or one each) and then think about if you need more cores or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Hemming
Germany
Köln
flag msg tools
mb
suxx wrote:
but a funny one laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
suxx wrote:
suxx wrote:
but a funny one laugh

Don't subscribe to Scythe, then. My goodness... surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanos Larisis
Greece
Athens, Neo Irakleio
Attica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for all your replies and sorry for the inconvenience
Yeap a hyped game creates a lot of notifications!!

ACGalaga wrote:
4 is ideal. My player 2 is not my wife so he also wants his own cards. So the core box, although it can be played as a two player game out of the box, is really a personal item. I'll be getting a second core eventually,he may as well. I'll be buying my own expansions, I'm uncertain of his plans though.

If you have the funding and your that much of a completionist (I am), I'd say go for it. Especially since you're both big Lovecraft fans.

If you want to be safe, I'd say just get 1 core (or one each) and then think about if you need more cores or not.

What I will probably do is get the core set,play it so we get an idea of how much we like the game and, if we like it enough (like now after seeing all those videos) we will probably buy some new and some second handed!
Good thing about a hyped game is that a lot of people buy it and don't follow through it, so it's easier to get copies and even expansions cheap!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Hemming
Germany
Köln
flag msg tools
mb
ACGalaga wrote:
suxx wrote:
suxx wrote:
but a funny one laugh

Don't subscribe to Scythe, then. My goodness... surprise

Thanks for the warning I guess

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Oblivion4Lcf wrote:
Thank you for all your replies and sorry for the inconvenience
Yeap a hyped game creates a lot of notifications!!

ACGalaga wrote:

What I will probably do is get the core set,play it so we get an idea of how much we like the game and, if we like it enough (like now after seeing all those videos) we will probably buy some new and some second handed!
Good thing about a hyped game is that a lot of people buy it and don't follow through it, so it's easier to get copies and even expansions cheap!

Don't bring that sort of common sense to a thread like this!
But yeah, that's the only sensible thing to do. I can just about get it with Netrunner- if you do tournaments you don't want to wake up the day of the event with a great idea for a deck that absolutely needs three of a given card and you only have two.

But for a co-op game played at home, you can either order a new box if you really want it, or just treat "one of every purchase, including a single core" as an additional deck building restriction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Haskell
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MerryHo wrote:
I'd just play it safe and get 8 copies, you can never be too careful.

You're thinking of nuking it from space...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanos Larisis
Greece
Athens, Neo Irakleio
Attica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deano2099 wrote:

Don't bring that sort of common sense to a thread like this!
But yeah, that's the only sensible thing to do. I can just about get it with Netrunner- if you do tournaments you don't want to wake up the day of the event with a great idea for a deck that absolutely needs three of a given card and you only have two.

But for a co-op game played at home, you can either order a new box if you really want it, or just treat "one of every purchase, including a single core" as an additional deck building restriction.

Exactly, say you are tired of the same campaign,you get the next one.
Since it does not have competitive play like Netrunner to which you need to be up to date for the "meta", you don't have to buy anything the moment they release.
Also after what ffg did (along with GW) to many of their licenced games including warhammer 40k conquest I'm not so fond of giving them that much cash,that's why I mentioned the second hand market option.
The greatest losses for me were WH40k conquest and that Forbidden Stars won't get an expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oblivion4Lcf wrote:

Also after what ffg did (along with GW) to many of their licenced games including warhammer 40k conquest I'm not so fond of giving them that much cash,that's why I mentioned the second hand market option.
The greatest losses for me were WH40k conquest and that Forbidden Stars won't get an expansion.

Lovecraft is public domain, so there's no license for them to lose in this case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Loss of sanity, yes. Loss of license, no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Z
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please delete this topic and check ALLLLLLL the other topics first

Answer: 100 Copies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Guigue
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
12, in case they revise the rule and allow 3 copies per player (and you get 2 new friends)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.