Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Casper
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all, super casual lurker keeping tabs on this game and I'm just curious if they have ever mentioned if they'd do a master collection with everything in one box. Certainly seems like someone like me (not a KS backer) might want to wait for that to rOll out.

Thanks again guys, sorry if it has been brought up before.

J

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

That's the size of the box with everything in it. I think it's safe to say they won't be producing a retail box like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A P
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
mb
That is the Master Set Box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BathTubNZ wrote:

That's the size of the box with everything in it. I think it's safe to say they won't be producing a retail box like that.

That is an office. Where you work. With 51st State: Master Set peaking out from under your desk. Now THAT'S working.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BathTubNZ wrote:

Holy cow. Never say never but I see your point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rush
msg tools
BathTubNZ wrote:

That's the size of the box with everything in it. I think it's safe to say they won't be producing a retail box like tht.

To be a bit more fair, that box is easily 50% vacant space. But even taking that into consideration, it is still a ton of stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Krushhhhh wrote:
BathTubNZ wrote:

That's the size of the box with everything in it. I think it's safe to say they won't be producing a retail box like tht.

To be a bit more fair, that box is easily 50% vacant space. But even taking that into consideration, it is still a ton of stuff.

Not if you add in all the add-ons. Mine came with the Apocalypse box and with all the KS bonuses, the box was nearly full.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rush
msg tools
Chinkster wrote:
Krushhhhh wrote:
BathTubNZ wrote:

Not if you add in all the add-ons. Mine came with the Apocalypse box and with all the KS bonuses, the box was nearly full.

Full of air. The sin and apocalypse expansions can be severely condensed. If I took out everything and put it into the box, the pile probably wouldn't reach the halfway point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dodson
United Kingdom
Gateshead
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So you can use the box as a table to play on? That's handy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Krushhhhh wrote:
Chinkster wrote:
Krushhhhh wrote:
BathTubNZ wrote:

Full of air. The sin and apocalypse expansions can be severely condensed. If I took out everything and put it into the box, the pile probably wouldn't reach the halfway point.

If one values the minis having some form of security, then no. The packaging can not be "severely condensed". There's probably some small space savings that can be made, but not massively.

If one doesn't care about how the minis are packed, and just wants the most space efficient packaging, then yes, condense away. Shove all minis as tightly as possible into plastic bags (the way FFG does) and throw them all into the box. Just don't complain about the condition of your minis once you open the box, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I got everything into the main box and the Apocalypse box. No damage to anything. It absolutely can be severely condensed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schafer
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Krushhhhh wrote:
Chinkster wrote:
Krushhhhh wrote:
BathTubNZ wrote:

By that logic there's no need for a master box at all. Dump it all in a trash bag and call it good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Mayville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have mine condensed down into two boxes and organized. Minis bagged by group, cards sleeved in a deck box, tokens bagged by type. It's possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Curtis
United States
Prospect Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rbeall88 wrote:
I have mine condensed down into two boxes and organized. Minis bagged by group, cards sleeved in a deck box, tokens bagged by type. It's possible.

Could just buy mine all still sealed in the CMON shipping box...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
rbeall88 wrote:

It is and I do it for storing and going to game night. But it isn't a good way to ship product and keep minis and components protected. Which is why CMON has plastic inserts for all the minis. I got 6 of the big boxes with a variety of different expansions in each and there was little room for anything else in them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jorune wrote:

That is an office. Where you work. With 51st State: Master Set peaking out from under your desk. Now THAT'S working.

Jorune

Good eye!

Here is what is currently under the desk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MonkeyKnifeFight wrote:
rbeall88 wrote:

It is and I do it for storing and going to game night. But it isn't a good way to ship product and keep minis and components protected. Which is why CMON has plastic inserts for all the minis. I got 6 of the big boxes with a variety of different expansions in each and there was little room for anything else in them.

This.

What a backer does to store their game once they receive it is entirely up to them.

What CMON has to do to ship their games out to retail and backers is something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chinkster wrote:
MonkeyKnifeFight wrote:
rbeall88 wrote:

This.

What a backer does to store their game once they receive it is entirely up to them.

What CMON has to do to ship their games out to retail and backers is something else.

While I agree to an extent, I don't think it would be impossible for a well designed box to be able to include a larger amount of product. Perhaps not all, but I'm sure the smart people at CMON could do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Babb
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MonkeyKnifeFight wrote:

It is and I do it for storing and going to game night. But it isn't a good way to ship product and keep minis and components protected. Which is why CMON has plastic inserts for all the minis.

Another perk: if you paint your minis and want to transport them, all those plastic trays are much better than taking them loose or as bagged figs (not as good as foam transports possibly, but -much- cheaper). Even with a seal, those kinds of transporting will wear away the paint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.