9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Anyone else buying original art from their favorite games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin D.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometime last year I was looking more closely at the art in my games and was excited to see non-digital work. I thought a few pieces of original art would be the perfect compliment to the game room I am perpetually working on so I contacted
Harald Lieske
Germany
flag msg tools
to ask if any pieces from his work on The Castles of Burgundy or Fresh Fish were available. I ended up buying the original logo designs from Fresh Fish

I was very happy with the piece and had some other spots that would house art pretty well so this time I got in touch with
Vincent Dutrait
South Korea
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
and asked about available pieces from Broom Service. He had pretty much everything including the original cover painting available and I love that cover so I forced my finances to accommodate the purchase. I ordered a custom mat cut and finally got to hang the piece up last week.

Obviously original art isn't for everyone, but I was wondering if anyone else has originals on display?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mcpherson
Canada
Sarnia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That broom service piece is awesome! Great purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Grelis
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Wanna play?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a great idea, I bet more people will be doing this now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barrett S
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to find a gallery style print of the Eowyn card art from the newest LOTR LCG saga expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schneider
Germany
Fürth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 4 pictures of Scythe hanging on my wall.
But to be fair 3 of them are from Jakub's library but I haven't seen them in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bit different for me ... I wanted to get ahold of the original digital art assets for a few games, so I could redo some components that had print overlays that were too small and too low contrast.

But this is a cool idea... provides a new revenue stream for the artist besides the commission fee for the game. But don't a bunch of kickstarters do something like this with their art at higher pledge levels?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm tempted to buy from the Scythe game. Such beautiful work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
I would buy swag from the Shadowrun universe. They have great artwork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Louie
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I guess you could take the box cover off a few games and put it in a matted frame. I bet for games where its common for owners to downsize the box, like Splendor, you might be able to pick up the box cover for art pretty easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.