Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Games in the Classroom

Subject: What jobs can I assign in creating a game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. Boardgame
msg tools
I am planning on having students self-assess their skills so that I can put together teams of four students to build prototypes. I figure each group will need a writer and an artist. What categories/jobs/roles would we need to build a game prototype that would look aesthetically pleasing and emphasize theme?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etien
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
General
badge
The War Room
mbmbmbmbmb
I am dividing my Civil War class of 11 senior college students into 3 groups. There is a weekly assignment that progresses to a game design of some type or theme, but it begins with hard core research. Along the way, I will introduce various game mechanics and themes to give them ideas, but most anything goes. I will encourage them to be creative--they always are. As for artistic work, I will help with printing and materials, but the artwork is up to them. It can be crude as long as it is functional, but students tend to have skills far beyond those of the teacher, unless you teach art or graphic design. I will let each group decide who does what (rule-writer, map-maker, fact-checker, etc.); however, all have to do research, all have to participate in some other capacity, and all will have to demonstrate the final product to the class.

May I ask what grade level and what subject?

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Boardgame
msg tools
This would be for seniors in my game design course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Ofiesh
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The writing can be split into writer for the rule book and writer / coordinator for a sales/marketing pitch ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.