Legends of Andor» Forums » Rules

Subject: 0 willpower points rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Stefanou
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
It says in the rules that when a hero goes to 0 willpower points he regains 3 willpower points but loses 1 strength point for that.
What happens when a hero has 0 strength points and during a battle goes to 0 willpower points? The hero dies because he has no strength points to give in order to regain his willpower?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Harris
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I believe 1 strength point is the lowest you can go.

Quote:

RULEBOOK: "The end of the battle" section
"If the hero has no more willpower points, he loses the battle. He loses 1 strength point, assuming he still has more than 1. He also immediately receives 3 willpower points."

And you can never actually "die" and leave the game. You might lose a lot of battles and keep getting hammered back down to 1 strength point, but you won't die (you'll just be perpetually weakened until you can stop losing).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Harris
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Instead of viewing it as "trading" 1 str for 3 willpower, maybe see the -1 str as a penalty for losing, and the +3 willpower as a helper/freebie so you don't have to start from 0 for your next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Stefanou
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
Thanks for your help.
The Greek translation says that you just lose 1 strength point and gain 3 willpower points.
But I guess the answer is that you cannot go bellow 1 strength point according to the Hero board (I imagined the little cube going away)whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuel Fratila
Romania
Timisoara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You can't go below 1 strength.
2. If you "die", you gain 3 willpower points and lose 1 strength, but if you are already at 1, then you can ignore the -1 penalty.
3. You ALWAYS get +3 willpower if you are on 0, but the penalty only applies if your strength is ABOVE 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harv Veerman
Netherlands
Zoetermeer
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grgiwn wrote:
It says in the rules that when a hero goes to 0 willpower points he regains 3 willpower points but loses 1 strength point for that.
What happens when a hero has 0 strength points and during a battle goes to 0 willpower points? The hero dies because he has no strength points to give in order to regain his willpower?

Strength remains 0, willpower increases to 3. Heroes don't die (except in legend 4, btw.) You are sort of doomed, however...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitriy Razumov
Russia
Vladimir
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made homerule: if willpower drops to 0 then -1 strength, +3 willpower and time token goes to the sunrise box. If your willpower drops to 0 during event on the sunrise box - you lose whole day!

Thematically it's like you lose you conciousness and need time to relax a little.

And if you lose whole day during night - so, in middle ages you'd better be prepared to the night on the wild!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Santos
Portugal
S. Domingos Rana
Cascais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I have 2 willpower left and on the 7h hour can I deliberately spend a move action to go to 8th hour, spend the 2 willpower (now I'm with 0 Willpower), lose 1 strength, gain +3 willpower?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.