Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S Forrester
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally playing this incredible game after eyeing it for a couple years, wishing I had someone to play it with. Now my kids are old enough to give it a go, and I am super-excited to be diving in.

Question: Is it the case that a Corp deck can only contain neutral agendas and agendas from its own faction? Or can one Corp run another Corp's agendas?

Thank you for your time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Never any other corp's agendas. This is one reason why some expansion packs are essential.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Forrester
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch! That does make it tougher...but also more unique to run each Corp. Very thematic and interesting to figure out.

Thank you for your help...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
Technically, there's no rule forbidding you from using other Corps' agendas. You could include them by paying the influence cost just like any other out-of-faction card.
Alas, there's no faction agenda to date that has an influence cost, so the point is moot...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Kitto
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mb
RindFisch wrote:
Technically, there's no rule forbidding you from using other Corps' agendas. You could include them by paying the influence cost just like any other out-of-faction card.
Alas, there's no faction agenda to date that has an influence cost, so the point is moot...

I see what you're getting at but it's pretty misleading to bring this up to a newbie without explaining that, in the rules, it says that you can't include a card in your deck from another faction if it has no influence cost (including 0). Which, yes, includes every single non-neutral agenda in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Choy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benkyo wrote:
Never any other corp's agendas. This is one reason why some expansion packs are essential.

Agreed. In the core set you can only ever use the full suite of agendas provided (+neutrals) for each faction, there are no options.

If you enjoy the game, I suggest going out and buying the very first data pack "What Lies Ahead". It provides a full three copies of a new agenda for each faction that allows you to have some options in deck building. Also, plascrete carapace is available for the runners if Scorched Earth is viewed as too powerful

Welcome to the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maui Chris
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
Valentino Rossi Fan
badge
get this ball
mbmbmbmbmb
RindFisch wrote:

but there are 3 neutral agendas with influence cost, Global Food, Vanity Project, & Merger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely Corp specific and neutral. Helps each Corp's feel.

How old are your kiddos? It would be awesome if I could play this with mine, but it can be a difficult game to jump into. Welcome to it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the game! If you want practice, I recommend Jinteki.net -- but when you post there, indicate which sets you're using or what your goal is. There are some very competitive people who are playing with the most elite decks which isn't as fun.

I've very much enjoyed getting to know the game with my daughter. I hope it goes well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
RindFisch wrote:

Yes, there is. All currently printed Agendas have no influence bar. You can't include a card without an influence bar in any Corp other than the one it belongs to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
CommissarFeesh wrote:
Yes, there is. All currently printed Agendas have no influence bar. You can't include a card without an influence bar in any Corp other than the one it belongs to.

That's what I said?
You would be allowed to include agendas, if they had an influence cost, but no faction agenda in the game has one...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.