Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Salem» Forums » Rules

Subject: Repeating Alibi Information - How far is this supposed to be taken? (Basic Game) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a rule in the game that says you're not supposed to simply repeat information you have already given, but how far is this supposed to be taken? I am talking about the Basic Game.

Here is an example of what I am asking that actually happened in one of our games.

Alibi given was Slander: 5 is not the same as 7
Alibi given was Treachery: 5 and 3 are the same

Later after the Hearsay had been given, they got back all their Alibis and gave this

Alibi given was Slander: 3 is not the same as 7.

Is this allowed? Since we know 5 and 7 are not the same, and 3 and 5 are the same, is it allowed to say 3 and 7 are not the same with another Alibi? Or is this considered deduction?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom McAlister
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would still allow it, personally, because it is not the same clue as what was given before. Moreover, it can help confirm information that others have deduced.

It is a tricky play, but I think it follows the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Balvin
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
that alibi would be allowed because it's not the same as either of the previously given hints--the rule is that the exact same alibi may not be given

Murr wrote:
There's a rule in the game that says you're not supposed to simply repeat information you have already given, but how far is this supposed to be taken? I am talking about the Basic Game.

Here is an example of what I am asking that actually happened in one of our games.

Alibi given was Slander: 5 is not the same as 7
Alibi given was Treachery: 5 and 3 are the same

Later after the Hearsay had been given, they got back all their Alibis and gave this

Alibi given was Slander: 3 is not the same as 7.

Is this allowed? Since we know 5 and 7 are not the same, and 3 and 5 are the same, is it allowed to say 3 and 7 are not the same with another Alibi? Or is this considered deduction?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.