Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Bishop
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems per the rules that, when changing tires, one must both pay the space penalty for changing to a different type of tire, and pay the penalty for removing wear markers. Is this correct? I think in gameplay terms it makes sense, but thematically, it takes the same amount of time to change tires whether the old ones are used or new. I suppose one could say that the time for removing the wear markers is actually extra time cleaning out the radiator inlets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually you don't get penalized for changing tires when fixing other damage. As long as your total pit time duration is equal to or more than 2 spaces there wouldn't be a penalty. If you did a pit stop and only removed a single wear then you take a "penalty" since it takes the 2 duration for the tire change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bishop
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had momentarily forgotten about that and that up to two tire wear tokens (in addition to other tokens) could be removed at the same time the tires are changed. Practically that seems to remove the thematic difficulty--if you have more than two tire tokens you've really pushed, and it will take some extra time beyond changing to clean everything up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.