1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM

Subject: AXIS & ALLIES Boardgame Mod for Sid's Civ IV:Warlords (beta) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bigben34 Big34
msg tools
Greetings:

I've modded Civ IV:Warlords to create a simulation of the 2004 edition of Axis & Allies.

I achieved this by naming cities to represent the territories of the boardgame, of various degrees of economic/production worth. Cites cannot be created or destroyed. The mod plays and feels surprisingly similar to the boardgame. It's actually better balanced, as Germany's Panzers have a bonus against other armor, and Japan's soldiers start highly promoted. America has navy seals that can ride on subs, and each civ has one or two Great General units, like a Rommel tank, or the Yamato or Bismark Battleships.

I still have a multiplayer launching bug to iron out, but the Mod works great in Hot Seat or PBEM.

You can probably find Civ IV: Warlords on Ebay by now, and you must have Civ IV to use the Warlords Expansion.

Here's the Link, Check for updates often:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=4614

I'll post a couple of screen shots at this link in the next week or so.

Let's coordinate games in the PBEM section here. Hope to see many of you in the game lobby! I'm on most weekends around noon EST.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.