2 Posts

Puerto Rico» Forums » Rules

Subject: Construction Hut question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Kubiak
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi, I was wondering if anyone would be able to clarify a question that came up during a game of Puerto Rico I had with my friends. If you pick up the Settler role card (with the privilege of being able to pick up a quarry instead of a plantation tile) and you have a Construction Hut does that mean that player can pick up 2 quarries? I personally don't believe so but one of my friends disagreed (and the rule book is not...airtight on this topic) can anyone confirm or deny this? Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa DeMorris
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have always treated it as the option to place A quarry whenever the Settler phase occurs, regardless of who chooses Settler. So, choosing Settler when you have a construction hut in play is only advantageous if there is a particular plantation up that you need. Also, I ran a test on the computer version of the game, with a construction hut in play, I chose Settler and clicked quarry. Only 1 quarry was placed. Hope that helps. Game on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.