Niclas Lundberg
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played Rise of Urthko last night, we as Overlord and 4 heroes:
Wildlander (Laurel of Bloodwood), Necromancer (Astarra), Kharnon (Berserker) and Disciple (Andira Runehand).

Encounter 1 open group was Chaos Beasts,
Encounter 2 open group was Dark Minotaurs.

As OL I managed to, without problems at all, discard 7 villagers into the pit. As Merrick simply needs to enter a space adjacent next to a villager to pick one up, and spend one movepoint adjacent to a pit to throw them in, I could easily just run in and out discarding them as I went.

We were baffled transitioning into encounter 2, as Urthok had the huge HP amount of ~6+28, plus the buffs from the objective tokens..!
He is nigh unkillable within the 8 turns they had to do it. It was deemed a failure as soon as we had set it up, and the heroes spent all encounter hunting search tokens instead of killing him.

Can someone share their thoughts on this quest, as it seems HUGELY in OLs favor?

In the end, the heroes weren't too sad about their loss, as they managed collect tons of treasure+1 extra 175 GOLD item from the travel events (drew a search card, it was the treasure chest). Also, they found a secret room and cleared it: Brigands. So they got an additional item beyond that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oren Douek
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to run it tomorrow.

It doesn't make sense to me that picking a prisoner up doesn't cost anything and yet throwing a prisoner into the pit costs a movement point.

I think that the quest would have been more balanced had it taken an action for Merrick to pick up an adjacent prisoner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.