Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The loser of a fleet engagement has to retreat to an adjacent Sea Zone with a friendly port, or back to their Home Port.

Does enemy control of the applicable Sea Zone affect naval retreats at all (i.e., block)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingólfur Valsson
Iceland
Sauðárkrókur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve Carey wrote:
The loser of a fleet engagement has to retreat to an adjacent Sea Zone with a friendly port, or back to their Home Port.

Does enemy control of the applicable Sea Zone affect naval retreats at all (i.e., block)?

Not sure I get your question, if you are fleeing the enemy navy it can't possibly be controlling the next sea zone over. You only have one fleet each. Is control in this context something different?

I was going to ask a related question but I'll just add it here. The concept of a friendly port is never discussed, only home ports. According to the example below a friendly port is any coastal location you control, is that the intended meaning?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus Lee
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KronikAlkoholik wrote:

I was going to ask a related question but I'll just add it here. The concept of a friendly port is never discussed, only home ports. According to the example below a friendly port is any coastal location you control, is that the intended meaning?

I draw the same conclusion from the Example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve Carey wrote:

You can only only have a naval battle if you are in the same sea zone, so the enemy fleet cannot block your retreat.

A friendly port is a coastal location that you control.

Example retreat: both sides battle in the African sea zone. Rome loses. They retreat to either Corsica-Sardinia sea zone, so long as they control a coastal location (ex: Aleria, Caralis, Oristano, Olbia), Sicily (again, so long as they have a friendly port). Otherwise, they retreat to home port. And they should always have the option of going back to home port, regardless. That rule was there in case you lost a lot of ships and fear the opponent will follow you all over the board smacking you around and picking up easy prestige points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
airjudden wrote:
That rule was there in case you lost a lot of ships and fear the opponent will follow you all over the board smacking you around and picking up easy prestige points.

Thanks Judd - your insights (along with the excellent support from the designer) are very much appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve Carey wrote:
airjudden wrote:
That rule was there in case you lost a lot of ships and fear the opponent will follow you all over the board smacking you around and picking up easy prestige points.

Thanks Judd - your insights (along with the excellent support from the designer) are very much appreciated.

I owe you, man, for making that sweet Malta game. That thing is crazy fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.