Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt F
United States
Newcastle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rules (as I understand them) it states that turn order each round is determined by one's place in the race - e.g., whoever's in first each round goes first, whoever's in second goes second, and so forth.

I just wanted to double-check - does this still hold true in a two-player game? Or did I miss something, and you just alternate turns, one after another?

For example, say I go first and move 5 spaces, then my opponent moves 7 spaces on their turn. It seems like that is the end of "a round," and whoever's in first will go first in the next "round." So my opponent would then move again - the second time in a row. Is this correct?

And then they'd continue to go first until I can get ahead?

I thought maybe I'm missing something, as this created some weirdness in our first play-through (maybe we just didn't utilize the balanced-sled bonus enough, though the second place person only gets one more bonus space than the first place person...)

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. This order of play is mostly to avoid a 2nd player stuck behind / hampered by the first player's sledge at the start of their movement, or the 2nd player voluntarily placing themselves directly in front of the first in order to voluntarily block their moves, while they're supposed to be behind).

It's basically a safeguard against foul play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.