Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shaun Varsos
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm a huge fan of the villains expansion. Fear Itself was a great addition too. I see Deadpool coming up and Secret Wars had some villains but I'm really hoping for another significant villains expansion. It's such and untapped segment of the MU for Legendary comparatively. Also we desperately need a replacement for the HYDRA troops with AIM base troops. Dark Reign/Thunderbolts would be great additions. Unless I'm missing something there's no Onslaught representation. I know they're steering away from Xmen/FF but c'mon it's Onslaught. Where's the Hood? The Abomination? Kang!? Grim Reaper, The Wizard, The Beyonder, freaking Maestro, Paste Pot Pete (err I mean the Trapster), Shocker, The Sentry, Taskmaster, or Blackheart for that matter. I know some of these have been in various things but not as a playable villain. That's my two cents. I hope villains doesn't get forgotten more than anything. I know it's all cross compatible and they're doing great with the releases but I don't want villains to be left out as kind of it's own thing. The take that elements and unique play really make it a separate experience to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bandettini
United States
Los Angeles
flag msg tools
That one not so much
badge
Ohh that tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love a big box expansion for Villains, but it's pretty much been killed as a separate product instead rolling it all into the main Legendary line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Puderbaugh
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnBandettini wrote:
I would love a big box expansion for Villains, but it's pretty much been killed as a separate product instead rolling it all into the main Legendary line.

Unfortunately, I agree with both of these thoughts.

Customs help though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hiltz
United States
Quincy
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe UD has been pretty upfront about the fact that there will be no further additions to the Villains line. I have no reference to offer you, but it's widely accepted in the community that it won't be happening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
justinhiltz wrote:
I believe UD has been pretty upfront about the fact that there will be no further additions to the Villains line. I have no reference to offer you, but it's widely accepted in the community that it won't be happening.

They don't need to do a full Villains set.

Like they did with Thanos and the Cabal in Secret Wars, they can keep sprinkling villains temporarily acting as heroes. Like they did with Civil War, they can keep having hero groups acting as villain groups.

All the nomenclature and city twisting they did in Villains to allegedly add to the theme just made the interactivity with other sets clunkier. I prefer it all being treated the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just as long as we get an official Red Skull and Doctor Doom (among others), I'll be happy if they come in "Hero" sets. Heck, I'd be happy if they reused anything. Team factions (Hydra Bob for the Deadpool expansion??) or keywords like Dodge, Demolish, Elusive, ____ Attack, anything. Some acknowledgement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Varsos
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
justinhiltz wrote:

I'll readily admit my newb status to the community. I just acquired the sets (including FF which I'm still really excited about) and I've been digging in to what I'd like to see that I don't already have. If one of the sets could at least include a Hydra replacement with AIM starters that would be awesome. Hydra was always a little too anti-semitic for me to really get behind. I still love the set and readily play them, just not my favorite option for an army of minions. Especially considering that it's lacking Red Skull and includes Magneto. So many good villain stories to make sets of though! Dark Reign and Acts of Vengeance would be amazing. Thanos was a welcome addition though in one of the mixed sets. I really like the 1vMany mode that Secret Wars introduced too. Anyway, thank you all for catching me up on the community as well. I feel like a perpetual tyro in the gaming community but I'm making my best effort to turn that around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort hughson
msg tools
okami31 wrote:

Like they did with Thanos and the Cabal in Secret Wars, they can keep sprinkling villains temporarily acting as heroes. Like they did with Civil War, they can keep having hero groups acting as villain groups.

All the nomenclature and city twisting they did in Villains to allegedly add to the theme just made the interactivity with other sets clunkier. I prefer it all being treated the same.

I have been thinking about getting the Villains set, perhaps to play standalone but moreso to combine with the original, but I am not really sure.

I definitely can get behind villains and heroes reversing roles, as has been noted above. But are there certain cards that can't be easily integrated into a typical Legendary game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy Castaneda
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marknetic fields wrote:
I definitely can get behind villains and heroes reversing roles, as has been noted above. But are there certain cards that can't be easily integrated into a typical Legendary game?

I think it mixes well. I say go for it!

-rudy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.