Popular Tags: [View All]
John Prewitt
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Title says it all. Base of one of my minis won't stand flat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel sure I saw a video by Rob Oren using a jar of hot water to soften then straighten plastic, but don't take my word for it, all I have really done is given you a potential solution to research.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Proctor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Hot water trick (which should work) dose not totaly work, you could sand the bottom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Trimpe
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to use a hair dryer. Just put on flat surface and heat until flat. I usually use water to fix bent weapons and whatnot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
karl paulsen

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
mbmb
If heating, straitenging and dunking in ice walker doesn't do the trick, and it's too warped to sand, then I'd recommend gluing it to a proper miniatures base. Proxiemodels.com makes some low profile wargaming bases in a variety of shapes that are ridiculously cheap.

Alternatively you can glue it to a metal washer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
Ed123play wrote:
If the Hot water trick (which should work) dose not totaly work, you could sand the bottom.

Conversely, I filled in the gap on the bottom with glue (E-6000). Pressed it onto wax paper, removed it, and let it dry. After that I trimmed and painted it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
karl paulsen

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
mbmb
That's pretty brilliant. Certainly alot easier than rebasing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Keefe
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like everyone's pretty much said what I would. The fix probably depends on what kind of plastic you have, though. Plastics such as those found in Fantasy Flight games (Imp Assault, Talisman) respond very well to the hot water/cold water treatment, while harder plastics like those in Defenders of the Realm will need to be sanded.

Either be fine to attach to a new base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Prewitt
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.