Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Storage Idea rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jennifer Klein
msg tools
I was thinking of a way to store games, so that with any amount of players I have, I would easily be able to locate all of the games I have that play with that amount of people. Then I thought of something along the lines of this picture.

Each column would represent the minimal amount of players needed for the game, and each row would represent the maximal amount of players which can play the game. Of course, due to space limits, the last row might need to account for all games with a high player limit.
So if I have a game that plays 2-4 players, assuming I do not own solo games, I would put the game in the first column, third row down.

I don't know if this idea was brought up before, but it seems like it could be useful for people with large collections.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good looking shelves, but if you have the space you could develop a similar system and have more room for games with a 4x4 unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always like the idea of sorting the games by playercount or type of games or any other kind of real system, but eventually when the collection became bigger the one and only thing working turned out to be "whatever box fits best next to those other boxes to be most effficient with space"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Smith
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ovis wrote:
I always like the idea of sorting the games by playercount or type of games or any other kind of real system, but eventually when the collection became bigger the one and only thing working turned out to be "whatever box fits best next to those other boxes to be most effficient with space"

You could place 2 different ones of those on top of each other (forming a rectangle) and use the bottom one for your idea while storing excess games/games for more than 4/non-game items in the upper one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kjennifer wrote:
Each column would represent the minimal amount of players needed for the game, and each row would represent the maximal amount of players which can play the game.
I think it would work better if each column was the "best with" number of players. There'd be way too many 3's otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.