mario sieger
Austria
Leoben / Eisenstadt
flag msg tools
Hi everybody

I´ll maybe get a copy of this game but before getting it I would like to have some information you can hopefully provide.

I always wanted to play Descent but I don´t have players for this kind of game (too long, too special theme ...).

Since the app was released I know want to play it solely.
How long does a game take when you play solo? Do you have to play with two characters the minimum or can you also play only one? Do the characters in game interact in some way ( can they help each other with their abilities like in a coop game?)

Does anybody know if the app will be released in different languages or will there only be the english version of it?

thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played the intro campaign so playing time is not something I have a ton of experience with. It was a fairly long play time each session, but I also have all of the expansions so there is a lot more for me to sort through to find the enemies and items requested.

You need to use at least 2 characters, but they can interact. It depends on the characters and classes chosen as to how much they will. The heroes in Descent have always been coop so there isn't really a change there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Proto Persona
United States
N Richland Hills
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to use 2 heroes at a minimum, but it's pretty manageable solo. Play time for RtL can run really long, but it's not meant to be finished in a single play session. The app saves the game state on a fairly regular basis, and there are common places that make for easy stopping points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
https://www.youtube.com/c/Catweazle00
badge
CatWeazle
mbmbmbmbmb
The app also records what items you have and the heroes and their skills etc. So if you have to leave it a while before the next play you can set it all up again without having to take a lot of notes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mario sieger
Austria
Leoben / Eisenstadt
flag msg tools
So that means that road to legend is one long story, not more than one scenarios?

thanks for your answers!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bastian Melsheimer
Germany
Nuremberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So far, there are two campaigns:

Rise of all goblins is a short introductory campaign with two or three main scenarios and two sidequests.

Kindred Fire is a full campaign. I'm currently playing it, and so far, I've seen four main scenarios and four sidequests. I believe that is about half. Total playing time until now (4 characters): About 16 hours.

The amount of different sidequests is also dependent on the expansions you are using, I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.