$35.00
Jet Flight
msg tools
Hello,

Not sure if im posting this in the right place here, but it looking for nice big collection of art to take images for my cards/tiles and so on. (personal use only). I guess you could say im looking for stock images, maybe a castle, windmill, Ranger, Knight, spell, a drink. Or if u go in future, different kind of spaceshuttles. Hope you understand the idea.

I know I could look for pictures on Google but they all have a different style/feel to them. Adding them cards would make it feel wired.

Does anyone know of a library with all kind of illustration of basic things?

Hope this is somewhat understandable,
Jet

P.S.: I would love to create my own art work but im a real noob in drawing. Is there a tip on where to start so I can draw my own things?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc lecours
Canada
ottawa
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Best is to use original art. You can do the art yourself or hire an artist.

Put in lots of time over the next year or two and there is a good chance that you could become good enough to do your own art work (especially since you will only be drawing a limited assortment of types of drawing.)

A good place to start is the Betty Edwards book "drawing on the right side of the brain". Here is her website: http://drawright.com/ . I learned to draw well in less than a year by using the method from that book.

Or take a drawing course or two.

Either way you must also practice, practice, practice.

More important than artwork is having a good game. The artwork can be added later. The game publisher usually wants to add their own art. If you want to publish your own game, then hire an artist whose style you really like. If you are just making a prototype (or a game for your own use) then I would not worry if the art on the various cards doesn't match (so taking the art from various public domain art sites would be OK).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Twu
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
If you're going the historic path, perhaps you can use images of old paintings - just stick with a particular artist or era.

Wikimedia Commons is a good place to start for images - many are copyright free since the time period for copyright is expired. https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Middle_Ages_in_art

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.