$15.00
$5.00
$20.00
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/15/politics/ivanka-trump-cosmo-in...

This seems typical of news interviews today, guest comes on, wants to blab the typical talking points, but the reporter sticks to the facts and their game, guest gets flustered, and it goes downhill from there. Like children, if they don't get their way, or the interview does not run the way they'd like it to, they pout and go running off to the corner of the room. There was a time when politicians and their surrogates were held with feet to the fire, and were not let off so easily. Sad that those days are long gone.

5 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cobblers, I can recall even (was it) 30 years ago Torry ministers throwing tantrums and storming off.

What did used to happen is that interviewers used to treat politicians with so much respect (read deference) that an interview was little more then a party political broadcast.

Thankfully people like Robin day challenged that attitude. But this has only really been the case for 40 (maybe 50) years.

Trump is not new politics, but a return to the old politics of Tammany hall and forelock tugging to your social betters. This interview demonstrates that "how dare you do you know who I am?"
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
OP needs to state that it was Cosmo doing the tough questioning. Lol.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
myopia wrote:
OP needs to state that it was Cosmo doing the tough questioning. Lol.


True Cosmo is not the deepest forum for politics, laughs, but kudos to the reporter for trying to pin down the guest, and get her off the typical mouthpiece talking points. The world needs more reporters like this, unashamed to embarass their guests with the facts. It's not like the reporter was saying or telling the guest something that was not substantiated or proven in the past, the guest did not simply want to address the past, because it was not convenient for her to do so, it did not stick to the "plan".
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It amazes me how transparent trump suddenly adding socialist policies like this is.

And how people actually believe he is going to do anything that he says.

Conservative-- liberal-- the only reliable compass for trumps behavior in office is that he will enrich himself at our expense.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
abadolato01 wrote:
myopia wrote:
OP needs to state that it was Cosmo doing the tough questioning. Lol.


True Cosmo is not the deepest forum for politics, laughs, but kudos to the reporter for trying to pin down the guest, and get her off the typical mouthpiece talking points. The world needs more reporters like this, unashamed to embarass their guests with the facts. It's not like the reporter was saying or telling the guest something that was not substantiated or proven in the past, the guest did not simply want to address the past, because it was not convenient for her to do so, it did not stick to the "plan".


Oh no, that's what I meant. The lol was for the non-Cosmo press.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
myopia wrote:
abadolato01 wrote:
myopia wrote:
OP needs to state that it was Cosmo doing the tough questioning. Lol.


True Cosmo is not the deepest forum for politics, laughs, but kudos to the reporter for trying to pin down the guest, and get her off the typical mouthpiece talking points. The world needs more reporters like this, unashamed to embarass their guests with the facts. It's not like the reporter was saying or telling the guest something that was not substantiated or proven in the past, the guest did not simply want to address the past, because it was not convenient for her to do so, it did not stick to the "plan".


Oh no, that's what I meant. The lol was for the non-Cosmo press.


Yeah , go figure, they hire a reporter that is about more than T & A in that place!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
TRUMP 'plan': What you used to HAVE shall become 'made' unto; "no longer HAS"! surprise
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abadolato01 wrote:
There was a time when politicians and their surrogates were held with feet to the fire, and were not let off so easily. Sad that those days are long gone.


They cant afford to anger their targets, otherwise they no longer get access. I would love to see someone ask Chelsea Clinton about how her fathers repeated sexual scandals affected her. But good luck getting someone to ask that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
abadolato01 wrote:
There was a time when politicians and their surrogates were held with feet to the fire, and were not let off so easily. Sad that those days are long gone.


They cant afford to anger their targets, otherwise they no longer get access. I would love to see someone ask Chelsea Clinton about how her fathers repeated sexual scandals affected her. But good luck getting someone to ask that.


I am not sure that's news anyone wants to hear. The tough questions should be asked, and their feet should be held to the fire, for issues that may impact ME. Most voters (including myself) could care less how his "dic*ing bimbos" affected Chelsea.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
abadolato01 wrote:
There was a time when politicians and their surrogates were held with feet to the fire, and were not let off so easily. Sad that those days are long gone.
jeremycobert wrote:
They cant afford to anger their targets, otherwise they no longer get access. I would love to see someone ask Chelsea Clinton about how her fathers repeated sexual scandals affected her. But good luck getting someone to ask that.
Whichever gave YOU an immediate BIGGER 'rage-boner', so, was this wood"4": Bill; Chelsea? whistle
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
abadolato01 wrote:
There was a time when politicians and their surrogates were held with feet to the fire, and were not let off so easily. Sad that those days are long gone.


They cant afford to anger their targets, otherwise they no longer get access. I would love to see someone ask Chelsea Clinton about how her fathers repeated sexual scandals affected her. But good luck getting someone to ask that.


I agree with your point and would likely say that is why Cosmo was willing to go there; they don't have to be scared of getting cut off as a major news network.

But, it would be a worry on both sides. Heck, Trump cut off certain organizations:
http://money.cnn.com/2016/06/14/media/donald-trump-media-bla...

And, at least for me, I would not want anyone asking questions like that during an election (your Chelsea question); I want to know more about the candidates than their spouses. So, if you want to ask each about their own sexual scandals go ahead, but I care much less about the others.

That you think about bring up a spouses infidelity instead of an actual candidates seems perhaps a bit partisan.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
abadolato01 wrote:
There was a time when politicians and their surrogates were held with feet to the fire, and were not let off so easily. Sad that those days are long gone.


They cant afford to anger their targets, otherwise they no longer get access. I would love to see someone ask Chelsea Clinton about how her fathers repeated sexual scandals affected her. But good luck getting someone to ask that.


Is something you think is actually relevant to the presidential campaign? Something akin to an actual policy?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulesjd wrote:
Is something you think is actually relevant to the presidential campaign? Something akin to an actual policy?


I do. I think the most respect I have for Obama is that for all appearances, it seems like he is a Good husband and father. That leadership he has shown in that regard has done more for the black community they anything he has signed into law.While Bill was actually the opposite and as Chelsea has inserted herself in the campaign, I want to know more about her family unit growing up. The decision that were made, her opinions on her father and his wandering eye. And how it affected her mother.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:
Is something you think is actually relevant to the presidential campaign? Something akin to an actual policy?


I do. I think the most respect I have for Obama is that for all appearances, it seems like he is a Good husband and father. That leadership he has shown in that regard has done more for the black community they anything he has signed into law.While Bill was actually the opposite and as Chelsea has inserted herself in the campaign, I want to know more about her family unit growing up. The decision that were made, her opinions on her father and his wandering eye. And how it affected her mother.


It's hard to regard your interest, however honest it may be, as anything more than prurient. Hillary Clinton is running for president and her experience, capabilities and intentions are of primary relevance, just the same as Donald Trumps. It might be interesting to know the impact of Trumps various divorces and his apparent stereotyping of mother/father roles upon the development of his children. However, such interest more in keeping with tabloid sensibilities and is tangential at best.

Simply put, the opinions of someones offspring about the impact of divorce and martial infidelity is one of the least likely areas of relevance to the qualifications and capability of a candidate to major political office.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:
Is something you think is actually relevant to the presidential campaign? Something akin to an actual policy?


I do. I think the most respect I have for Obama is that for all appearances, it seems like he is a Good husband and father. That leadership he has shown in that regard has done more for the black community they anything he has signed into law.While Bill was actually the opposite and as Chelsea has inserted herself in the campaign, I want to know more about her family unit growing up. The decision that were made, her opinions on her father and his wandering eye. And how it affected her mother.


So, you have interest in how Bill Clinton's infidelity impacted the family, but not Donald Trump's infidelity even though he's the actual candidate?

Is it because his children haven't been involved in the campaign at all?
1 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.