5 Posts

The Dragon & Flagon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cancelling Actions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Wheeler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Is an action still cancelled if any part of it can still be performed? Or do you need to do every bit of it to use the card?

For example I reveal a Charge card, I can still move one space forward but my target it no longer in the second square in front of me to attack.

Do I cancel the whole thing as there is no target, move my timer on one space and return the card to the deck?

Or can I take the one forward movement anyway even though there is no longer anyone there to attack? Obviously this costs me 3 time units, but a forward move of 1 square would have cost me 2 anyway so it's not a huge additional cost.

The same would go with a Flunge, can I take the action to come down off of the table (which may be a dangerous place to be) even though there's no one there at the end of my flunge?

I assume I am still allowed to swing even if there is no one to kick along the way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
The Fog of War! Available now!
badge
Ludology Host and Dice Tower Contributor
mbmbmbmbmb
It's only cancelled if the part in red isn't true. With charge or Flunge, if you can move into the square in front you must, and it's the full time.

I am pretty sure that this is covered under the Charge section in the card almanac.

Geoff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Wheeler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thank you, I was looking at the Cancelling Actions section but you're right there is mention of charging but no character being affected.
Ta.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Related to this: if I dash when I'm on the floor facing a table, is the action cancelled or do I pay the full time cost?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
The Fog of War! Available now!
badge
Ludology Host and Dice Tower Contributor
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarnop wrote:
Related to this: if I dash when I'm on the floor facing a table, is the action cancelled or do I pay the full time cost?

Full time cost. We encourage you to make a loud 'thunk' noise when this happens.

Feel free to house rule this to a cancel if you'd like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.