5 Posts

The Dragon & Flagon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Chair meet table, table meet chair rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Wheeler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Ok a rather specific event just happened in my first game so I'm after a ruling.

Thras has just flipped a table, holding 3 mugs. Beyond the table was an unfortunate Nari and a chair.

As per the rules (though not on the card) the table is destroyed, reduced to firewood. The three mugs are now on the floor behind the table, one of them lying next to a prone and Dazed Nari.

But what of the chair?

My assumption (and ruling for that game) is that the chair is also nothing but firewood. If a rolling barrel can break a chair to smithereens then a falling table certainly can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Greenley
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Greetings Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the table is not destroyed, but rather pushed back a space, along with anything that was behind it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Wheeler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
For the Push Table action you are quite correct, however Thras the Barbarian has a unique card called "Flip Table" which has different results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
PlanetM
badge
Gaming with the family :)
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree there needs to be some clarification of what happens with the flip table action. I guess from the illustrations that the table is destroyed and on that basis I'd probably destroy both the mugs and chairs affected.

An official ruling would be useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will play that the table is destroyed, but I'd like an official answer also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.