Popular Tags: [View All]
Torsten Oppermann
Germany
Kaiserslautern
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy arrived today and i couldnt wait to give solo a go.

One of the cards i drew got me interested: "Search for Life" (roughly translated from german, its card no 005)

I am absolutey fascinated by the design of this card gameplay wise, very well done ! The developer of this game should consider applying game designer of one of the great card games like netrunner or magic

Just want to share my excitement about this card

Cheers

PS: i didnt find life on mars
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many of the project cards are very thematic in their implementation. One of my favorites is Predators (blue card), which provides an action to take one animal from another card and put it on the Predators card (i.e. one animal eats another). In one game my bear (pictured on the Predators card) ate a fish from the other player. Bears love fish!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime D.
Spain
Cadiz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really excited about this game, probably my top 3 anticipated games of the year along with Troyes reprint and Deus Egypt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What does the card do, gameplay-wise?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each generation, it lets you pay 1M€ to look at the top card of the deck. If that card has a microbe tag, you get a science resource on the card. In the end it is worth 3VP if you have any science resources on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thematically, think as if a research team was sent out each generation to an area of mars to search for life and the drawn card tells if they actually found life there or not. If they found it, they reached their goal so no more searching was needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.