6 Posts

Dominion: Intrigue» Forums » General

Subject: Need to replace a damaged Steward rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clayton Kennedy
msg tools
Hey all,

So I bought a copy of Intrigue as a birthday gift for my Mom yesterday, and decided to sleeve it today to protect the cards, but as soon as I opened the first pack, they slipped out of my hand and scattered all across the floor...Every card is still in perfect condition, except for ONE STEWARD that accidentally ended up under foot, if only for a moment. I e-mailed Rio Grande and explained the situation, explaining that I would pay for a new set of Stewards, and would even be willing to buy something else if it would make the trouble of shipping out just 10 cards worthwhile. I feel bad even asking, since companies generally don't replace components that are damaged by the customer due to accident or negligence, but I feel so bad for messing up my mom's gift. I don't want to give here something with ugly, distracting marks on it...it's bent in a way that's noticeable even when sleeved, and has a nasty line where one of the corners folded in on itself. We both have OCD, and I'm pretty sure it would drive her nuts...At the same time, I can't really afford to just get a whole new copy if I don't have to. I'm wondering if there are people who might own copies of Intrigue but don't really use them, and would be willing to sell me their cards if RGG says no.

TLDR: tried to do something nice for my mom, fucked it up, and trying to make it right in the most practical and affordable way possible.

Sorry for the whining, and thanks for any help you could offer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
RGG may well help you; give them a chance to reply.

If they don't, there are often people selling individual sets of particular cards on eBay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Brendel
United States
Dunwoody
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
While I'm sure it has happened at some point, it seems exceedingly unlikely for nine Stewards to be gained, let alone all ten. Maybe if you're playing with more than four players. You could probably throw the damaged card away, never replace it, and still never materially affect gameplay.

But probably RGG sends you a replacement. Jay is a nice guy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh. I know it would drive me buggy, too.

I would put a blank card at the bottom of the pile, in case it ever got low. I expect it never would. Write STEWARD on it if you like, or even all the text.

I'd ask RGG, and then I'd shop on eBay for a set of Stewards. For $3 or $4 you should be able to get a set of 10 plus its randomizer with shipping included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Until you get a replacement card, you can always use one of the blank cards included in the game as a replacement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JOHN TODD JENSEN
United States
CLYMAN
WI
flag msg tools
Ask me about it!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thebalch wrote:
Hey all,

So I bought a copy of Intrigue as a birthday gift for my Mom yesterday, and decided to sleeve it today to protect the cards, but as soon as I opened the first pack, they slipped out of my hand and scattered all across the floor...Every card is still in perfect condition, except for ONE STEWARD that accidentally ended up under foot, if only for a moment. I e-mailed Rio Grande and explained the situation, explaining that I would pay for a new set of Stewards, and would even be willing to buy something else if it would make the trouble of shipping out just 10 cards worthwhile. I feel bad even asking, since companies generally don't replace components that are damaged by the customer due to accident or negligence, but I feel so bad for messing up my mom's gift. I don't want to give here something with ugly, distracting marks on it...it's bent in a way that's noticeable even when sleeved, and has a nasty line where one of the corners folded in on itself. We both have OCD, and I'm pretty sure it would drive her nuts...At the same time, I can't really afford to just get a whole new copy if I don't have to. I'm wondering if there are people who might own copies of Intrigue but don't really use them, and would be willing to sell me their cards if RGG says no.

TLDR: tried to do something nice for my mom, fucked it up, and trying to make it right in the most practical and affordable way possible.

Sorry for the whining, and thanks for any help you could offer.

Just sent you a GeekMail, Clayton, about replacing your card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.