Gabriel Burns
msg tools
So, I think I know how this works, but It's ambiguous enough that I'd like a ruling. Could you target an indestructible unit with Vandy Androse's max level ability? They can't be sacrificed, but the ability doesn't say sacrifice, it just says that they die, so the principle of do-as-much-as-you-can would seem to imply that you could target it, and it would get +2/+2, but wouldn't die at the start of your next turn (it would do its indestructible thing instead).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Christensen
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah you've pretty much got it. The indestructible thing would "die" at the start of the next turn which means it would just be exhausted for that turn and would be ready to be used again on your turn after that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Burns
msg tools
Are you sure it would be exhausted for the turn? It seems to me the order of events would be:
1. Your turn starts
2. Ability triggers, causing the unit to lose +2/+2 and die
3. Indestructible triggers to exhaust instead of dying
4. Ready phase- unit is readied

In actual use, though, since you're giving the unit +2/+2, there's a decent chance you're attacking with it, so it would already be exhausted and nothing would happen during step 3. The important question, I suppose, is whether things that happen "at the start of your turn" happen before or after units are readied (or "simultaneously" i.e. you pick the order). The way I read the rules it seems like the answer is before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Churchill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambs
flag msg tools
designer
"If we knew what we were building, it wouldn't be called research!"
badge
Sufficiently advanced mathematics is indistinguishable from magic
mbmbmbmbmb
Where are you seeing the phrase "at the start of your turn"? That would be an ambiguous phrase, but it's not on any of the cards here. Vandy Anadrose's ability says the unit dies "at your next upkeep", which is after the ready phase. So the indestructible unit will be exhausted for that turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Burns
msg tools
@alextfish so it does, my mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.