Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do goods get on a player's ships? Does that happen automatically during the Farm action immediately before the player sails the ship into the harbor?

Also, I don't suppose there's a list (or picture) of all the different development and farm tiles?

The game looks very interesting. I'm just still trying to figure out how it all hangs together. It seems promising.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Van Tol
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb

Hi Jimmy,

The goods are loaded on the ships from your own farm. In the overview you can only see all the game materials together with the board, but in fact each player has his own farm with land tiles on which he or she collects the goods, which have been produced. When a player activates the "farm action field", he first uses all the features on his tiles and than ships the goods on one of his available ships.

I hope this helps you understand it a little bit more.

The Game Master
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect. That's what I thought but it wasn't clear from the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I have another question about Loading ships.

"The player must sail one fully loaded ship into the harbor. It is not permitted to sail no ship or a ship with an incomplete cargo into the harbor!"

I cannot choose the Farm action unless I prepare a fully loaded ship?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Falcorn DM
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes that is correct. Normally you will have sufficient ships ready to be loaded and send into the harbor (unless you are really the only player providing goods to the harbor). Difficulty often is that you run out of goods and are forced to produce goods first (or select your starting position wisely).
If this limitation was not there, players could build a 'point generator' more easily (e.g. buying production and special tiles with victory points).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Carlos Coca Fernández
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Brainmaster wrote:

... When a player activates the "farm action field", he first uses all the features on his tiles and than ships the goods on one of his available ships.

Currently, I’m translating into Spanish the rules and I want to clarify this subject. According to English rules, when a player performs Farm action, he does the following:
1. Get points for his tiles
2. Receive money for his tiles
3. Use his development tiles.
4. Sail one of his fully loaded ships…

I’d add (at the beginning of point 4) a player can move his cubes of his choice from the farmland tiles to his ships.
I think this is the right moment, isn’t it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
juanco wrote:
Brainmaster wrote:

... When a player activates the "farm action field", he first uses all the features on his tiles and than ships the goods on one of his available ships.

Currently, I’m translating into Spanish the rules and I want to clarify this subject. According to English rules, when a player performs Farm action, he does the following:
1. Get points for his tiles
2. Receive money for his tiles
3. Use his development tiles.
4. Sail one of his fully loaded ships…

I’d add (at the beginning of point 4) a player can move his cubes of his choice from the farmland tiles to his ships.
I think this is the right moment, isn’t it?

Yep. Two things: one, the ship has to be in front of him (he can't take it from the harbor) and two, the ship has to be full before it ships. If he can't fully load a ship in front of him, I don't believe he can take the farm action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Carlos Coca Fernández
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Butterfly0038 wrote:
Yep. Two things: one, the ship has to be in front of him (he can't take it from the harbor) and two, the ship has to be full before it ships.

Yes. You’re right.
I already knew it, but even though, It sounds logical I’ll write that the ship has to be in front of the player.
The second part is already stated in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.