Subject: Reprinting?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Peters

Coral Gables
Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have been after Stone Age and its expansion but it seems both are largely gone from online BG retailers? Is a reprint in the works?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rathbun
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: Reprinting
Amazon seems to still have the expansion. Last year the base board game was out of stock for quite a while, but it did eventually come back. I assume the same will happen again, because the game certainly seems to remain popular.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Reprinting
CrazyDoc666 wrote:
Is a reprint in the works?

do realize your current thread subject title "Reprinting" looks like a statement and is going to falsely get folks excited... suggest you edit base post's subject to at least add a "?" to the end

imho ymmv
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Peters

Coral Gables
Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thnx. First post on BGG.

Don't want to pay the current Amz price (near x2 normal) so will be hopeful that both base and expan are reprinted. Already waiting from Zman reprints of expansions for Clash of Cultures and Merchants & Marauders (instant buys for me if they want my money...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rathbun
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Amazon has the expansion for $28.99, which is under list price.

https://www.amazon.com/Stone-Age-Expansion-Board-Game/dp/B00...

The base board game is out of stock, and yes, priced accordingly by third-party sellers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liallan G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drathbun wrote:
Amazon seems to still have the expansion. Last year the base board game was out of stock for quite a while, but it did eventually come back. I assume the same will happen again, because the game certainly seems to remain popular.

So how much confidence do you have in this? I have some Amazon gift certificates coming, and I'd like to get Stone Age some day, but right now I'm more looking to get something new to me. I'm just a little paranoid that if they get more Stone Age, I might miss that lower price if I don't get it while I have the chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rathbun
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Honestly I have no idea about the reprint. The game seems to remain in demand, so I presume that the manufacturer would know this as well. There are copies to be had; there are two copies in one of my local game stores as of last week.

If my memory is correct, the last time it went out of print the game was extremely hard to get for over a year. I would suggest that you find something else to use your Amazon card on rather than potentially waiting that long...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pacu Nation
msg tools
I emailed Z-Man a couple weeks ago and they replied that a reprinting was indeed planned, but they had no specific date for when the game will be back in stores yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.