Elysium» Forums » General

Subject: only 3 level 2 cards per family rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mihir Shah

Austin
Texas
msg tools
I have just played this game a few times now and noticed that each family has 5 level 1 and 5 level 3 cards but only 3 level 2 cards. This makes it harder to make the level 2 level legend and for that reason shouldn't the level 2 level legend bonus token have the highest victory points?

Am i missing something in my analysis?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel King
United States
Franklin
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the game on me now, but aren't there multiple copies of the level 2 cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
There's a shape called "The Golden Rectangle". Have you heard of it?
United States
Little Canada
Minnesota
flag msg tools
It refers to a rectangle that's approximately contstructed in the ratio of 9 to 16. The golden rectangle has several characteristics. Let's say I create a square within this shape. Then, this smaller rectangle that I just created will also be a
badge
golden rectangle. I make another square within that and the leftover is another golden rectangle. And I make a few more, and when I connect all the central points of these shapes it creates a spiral that continues forever. This is the "Golden Spin".
mbmbmbmbmb
You're missing several cards if you only have 3 level-2's in each family. There are 7 1's, 2's and 3's in each family but only 5 unique 1's, 3 unique 2's, and 5 unique 3's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jalwaaa wrote:
Am i missing something in my analysis?
You're looking at pictures of the cards I presume, and failing to recognize that some of the cards have duplicates. So while they may not have included multiple pictures of the same card, the actual deck has multiple copies of those cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihir Shah

Austin
Texas
msg tools
Ya, realized my mistake, appreciate all the imputs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.