Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night I found a card game called "Donner Party" live on Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/334884471/stay-hungry-d....

It is for 2-5 players, and it is being released by BTRC and was designed by one of my favorite game designers, Greg Porter. Greg is well known for designing games with unconventional themes that have a sense of humor (e.g., Black Death, Macho Women with Guns, etc.).

In Donner Party, players struggle to feed their respective families through a grueling winter with scarce resources. Given that people are dropping like flies from starvation and murder, getting food is easy enough to come by if you do not mind the shame that's sure to follow. Although the player with the most well-fed, surviving family members is normally the winner, you lose if you have the most shame because your name goes down in infamy.

I used to volunteer to playtest and read "test" games produced by BTRC, but after the birth of my daughter, my available time for gaming declined. As a result, I did not know about Donner Party myself until I stumbled upon it on Kickstarter during my glance through recently released projects. As I have not heard much news about this wicked, little game, I figured that I would pass along the news.

Lee Valentine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A W
msg tools
I'm backing this on Kickstarter as well. I almost kept going past it (actually, I know I did once or twice before deciding to take a look at it). So glad I did. It looks like a well thought out game, and I really love the theme. I haven't played many board games in the last ~10+ years, so I've only recently started to get interested in and backing some of these projects... out of the 13-14 games I've backed in the last 4 months or so, this is the one I'm most excited for!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.