4 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Printing LegenedEdit Customs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
scott jacobsen

Utah
msg tools
I know that the topic of printing has been addressed in multiple other threads so I hate to beat a dead horse but I thought I had it all figured out and now I have run into an unanticipated situation.

I used LegendEdit to generate a custom set of cards. I used the "export bordered png" or "export png for printer studio" options to export all of the cards. I uploaded them to printer studio and even though they have the border/bleed area as part of the cards they are still looking like an unacceptable portion of the cards is outside the "safe zone" for printing. In fact it doesn't appear to me that the bleed/border even made a difference or is showing up once I upload them in printer studio. It seems like with an option like "export png for printer studio" being part of the LegendEdit software that the required bleed area and fitting the cards content inside the safe zone would have been accounted for. So I guess I have the following questions:

Has this happened to anyone else?

Is the "safe zone" on Printer Studio a little over aggressive to the point that I don't need to worry that it looks like the cards will be cut off because it always looks that way and the cars come out fine?

How do I solve this issue?

Perhaps more importantly is the a way to solve the issue without having to digitally adjust each individual card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew McGorman
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
if you can find the defenders for a day set on here, there is a link to a printerstudio order for it, they print perfectly and will show you how much is inside/outside safe zone etc

from my printings, writing and icons should be inside the safe zone, borders are the bits that sit outside
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Foster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I get that all the time with my original customs. Thats why I wrote the fancy bleeder into legedit.

Export all the cards without borders first (File -> Export...) on the main window then use Tools -> Bleeder (or whatever I called it) and select fancy bleed as an option. That artificially expands the border so the cut off is a bit less aggressive if they miss align the printer cuts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scott jacobsen

Utah
msg tools
fostorial wrote:
I get that all the time with my original customs. Thats why I wrote the fancy bleeder into legedit.

Export all the cards without borders first (File -> Export...) on the main window then use Tools -> Bleeder (or whatever I called it) and select fancy bleed as an option. That artificially expands the border so the cut off is a bit less aggressive if they miss align the printer cuts.

Awesome! Super helpful. Although for some reason doing it exactly as you described didn't work for me, but applying the bleed tool to the already bordered pngs worked like a charm! Maybe I should have input different values in the various pop ups to make it work as you described but I just went with the defaults.

Also from the sound of it you are the creator of LegendEdit? In which case you and I have a love hate relationship going on. I love the software and am super impressed with how intuitive it is...but I kinda hate you for making it because it seems to be eating up all my free time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.