Subject: Trog nest+Retreat=Extra Battle? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Rivea
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
Ran into a unique situation, and while it kinda worked out for me, I am not sure we did it quite right.

As Machines I engaged in battle adjacent to another region I controlled, doing so I left that region un-occupied. The Trog player used his Vanish skill to place a Trog nest on it! (Still retaining my ownership token.)

So I lost that conflict I started, my troops retreated into that region.

Here's what we did - did we do it right?

We activated the trog token, placed a battle token, and attempted to resolve it.

Now because I owned the territory, we treated the Trogs as the aggressors, He went for region control, and I tied him there. He retreated his Trog figures and I retained region control.

Thoughts? Were we right that retreating into a Trog nest would trigger a battle to be resolved right then? Were we right about who was aggressor?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremypenguin wrote:
Ran into a unique situation, and while it kinda worked out for me, I am not sure we did it quite right.

As Machines I engaged in battle adjacent to another region I controlled, doing so I left that region un-occupied. The Trog player used his Vanish skill to place a Trog nest on it! (Still retaining my ownership token.)

So I lost that conflict I started, my troops retreated into that region.

Here's what we did - did we do it right?

We activated the trog token, placed a battle token, and attempted to resolve it.

Now because I owned the territory, we treated the Trogs as the aggressors, He went for region control, and I tied him there. He retreated his Trog figures and I retained region control.

Thoughts? Were we right that retreating into a Trog nest would trigger a battle to be resolved right then? Were we right about who was aggressor?

Attacker/Defender is NEVER based on Control.

Attacker = The Faction that moved into the Region, thereby triggering the Battle

Defender = The Faction that was moved into.

This is typically pretty clear, but with Trog Tokens, the Attacker = The Faction that triggered the Trog Tokens. The Trogs are then the Defenders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
[edited a now-duplicate answer]

Dammit Grant, give someone else a turn once in a while.
laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cbs42 wrote:

laugh

YOU COME INTO MY HOUSE AS THE ATTACKER? Enjoy my defensive bonus, son! sauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
cbs42 wrote:

laugh

YOU COME INTO MY HOUSE AS THE ATTACKER? Enjoy my defensive bonus, son! sauron

Lol. Grant's definitely got a Bunker in these forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Rivea
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
Ouch, super harsh. I would have lost control, so super well played Trog skill then...

Did we play it right that the retreat into the region with the placed Trog nest created an additional battle to resolve that round?

Also, THANKS FOR ANSWERING SO QUICKLY!

Also, THANKS FOR THE AWESOME GAME!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremypenguin wrote:
Ouch, super harsh. I would have lost control, so super well played Trog skill then...

Did we play it right that the retreat into the region with the placed Trog nest created an additional battle to resolve that round?

Also, THANKS FOR ANSWERING SO QUICKLY!

Also, THANKS FOR THE AWESOME GAME!

Yes. The new battle was correct!

And thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.