$20.00
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the Encounters games I've played, it seems to me that if the Hero deck shuffle results in nothing but rare/unique cards filling the HQ (especially early on), that it can result in a long, slow, painful defeat as no one will be able to effectively improve their deck in time to handle the advancing threats.

What's everyone's take on the following house rule?

Quote:
If during your turn, no cards in the HQ have been added, removed, or otherwise interfered with by the end of your actions, prior to the Combat Zone phase you may defeat one Hero card of your choice in the HQ, and immediately draw a replacement (cannot be bought until next turn).

I find this gives a glimmer of hope that the churn will turn up more purchaseable cards, at the completely fair sacrifice of a power card whose impact is measurable and expected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Crow
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
Agreed. That's often a problem we run into. Given the lack of Grey-card defeating, we often get hung up on even 6-cost Uncommons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.