Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Orleans
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played this twice so far, both with 3 players. The first game seemed a little odd in that there wasn't a single claim jump the whole game. (Well, there might have been one just to see how it worked-- I don't recall.) For the second game I decided to play with only 4 board tiles instead of 5, and consequently the game had much more conflict. Food scarcity was also much more of an issue in the late game, which added incentive to the claim jumping.

I liked both games, but the second game felt like it brought out more of the complexity, or at least gave us more to think about. I'm guessing that 5 board tiles is about right for 4-6 players, but perhaps even with 4 players only 4 board tiles should be used to make sure players bump into each other early in the game. You could even play with 3 board tiles with 3 players, but I think that might be a little too cramped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.