Subject: Essen 2016 or what? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance to see/try/buy the game... some day?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan
Netherlands
Sint-Oedenrode
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to this item it will be available in a English and Italian version at a price of €50.
Are the English rules available? Also some more images are welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Penny
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Played this at Essen and enjoyed it. Select an order, load a container at Basel with your goods and then select mode and speed of transport (boat, train, lorry or plane) to reach your destination location down the Rhein (or on to London). Order is time bound and you must reserve a delivery destination to ensure your transport stops and delivers. Any idea when this will be released - the game demonstrator wasn't sure?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also played at Essen and liked it. I was told they only had five copies so it wasn't for sale!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jure Forstnerič
Slovenia
Ljubljana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mapman wrote:
Played this at Essen and enjoyed it. Select an order, load a container at Basel with your goods and then select mode and speed of transport (boat, train, lorry or plane) to reach your destination location down the Rhein (or on to London). Order is time bound and you must reserve a delivery destination to ensure your transport stops and delivers. Any idea when this will be released - the game demonstrator wasn't sure?

I was told it would be released within a month or so of Essen.

Have you played Panamax? I'm wondering how this compares to it, at first glance, the theme seems very similar in a good way. I love Panamax and I enjoy games from these designers as well, if this is a slightly lighter Panamax I'm definitely on board :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
psicek wrote:
Mapman wrote:

I was told it would be released within a month or so of Essen.

Have you played Panamax? I'm wondering how this compares to it, at first glance, the theme seems very similar in a good way. I love Panamax and I enjoy games from these designers as well, if this is a slightly lighter Panamax I'm definitely on board :-)

Not sure why but I hadn't thought to compare it to Panamax. I think it probably plays a bit easier as all the transportation is going in one direction and there isn't the difficulty of trying plan the circulation of die to avoid high fees (although you can still end up paying fees for goods). The contracts are not so limiting either, you can do some speculative shipping in the hope that you can later grab a contact and fulfill it with goods that are already on their way. All in all I think it a bit less constrained than Panamax and from playing a couple of rounds I may prefer this to Panamax.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jure Forstnerič
Slovenia
Ljubljana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Zark wrote:

Not sure why but I hadn't thought to compare it to Panamax. I think it probably plays a bit easier as all the transportation is going in one direction and there isn't the difficulty of trying plan the circulation of die to avoid high fees (although you can still end up paying fees for goods). The contracts are not so limiting either, you can do some speculative shipping in the hope that you can later grab a contact and fulfill it with goods that are already on their way. All in all I think it a bit less constrained than Panamax and from playing a couple of rounds I may prefer this to Panamax.

Awesome, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.