Hide
10 Posts

Arcadia Quest» Forums » General

Subject: Can Guildmaster and Nameless Campaign be purchased at Gencon 2017? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Viper .
msg tools
I might be going to Gencon 2017, so could I purchase Guildmaster and Nameless Campaign there? I don't mind purchasing the base game and Beyond the Grave along with them if needed.

Anyone know?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher Kennedy
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guildmaster boxes are only purchasable from those who pledged the original kickstarter. You can at times find one for sale on ebay, here on the geek, or on private AQ fan groups.

If you find a full guildmaster box, it includes the Nameless campaign.

You are very unlikely to see either for sale at the CMoN booth next year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Thomas
United States
Palmyra
Virginia
flag msg tools
Check out our journey at http://colinbethanyadopt.wordpress.com
badge
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." - The First Ideal of the Lightweavers (The Stormlight Archive)
mbmbmbmbmb
You can likely pick up the Nameless Campaign from the CMoN booth at the various conventions they are at. Usually, you get a promo credit for every $25 you spend at the booth; single promo figures are typically a single credit and the Nameless Campaign is 4 credits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
paedia wrote:
You can likely pick up the Nameless Campaign from the CMoN booth at the various conventions they are at. Usually, you get a promo credit for every $25 you spend at the booth; single promo figures are typically a single credit and the Nameless Campaign is 4 credits.

In this vein, be sure to hit it the first day. This year at GenCon, come Saturday the display case had maybe 4 shit items left in it that lasted throughout Sunday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chamberland
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hillean wrote:
paedia wrote:

In this vein, be sure to hit it the first day. This year at GenCon, come Saturday the display case had maybe 4 shit items left in it that lasted throughout Sunday.

That's because CMON put a ticket in every Gen Con coupon book, allowing anybody to get a promo without buying anything. Stupid idea. The Arcadia Quest and Blood Rage promos were gone at the end of the first day.

At Dragon Con, CMON didn't give away free tickets and just did their normal 1 ticket per $25 spent. There were still plenty of AQ promos on the third day.

At Gen Con 2014 and 2015, CMON had some new (different) promos on Friday and Saturday so it wasn't necessary to be there the first day. This year they put everything out the first day. No idea if CMON changed back to the staggering policy at Dragon Con or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viper .
msg tools
Arydis4 wrote:
Guildmaster boxes are only purchasable from those who pledged the original kickstarter.

Apparently that's not true. Apparently they had them for sale at PAX as discussed in this forum thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1321476/can-be-bought-somew...

I find it hard to believe Guildmaster won't be purchasable at Gencon 2017, but I guess anything is possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I think they had guildmaster warpaint sets for sale at gencon this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Baker
United States
Allendale
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They sold them at PAX in 2015, not in 2016. I acquired my copy at TempleCon in 2015, which was around the same time as PAX. I haven't heard of any other sightings of Guildmaster boxes being sold outside of the original kickstarter since early 2015.

Viper5121 wrote:
Arydis4 wrote:
Guildmaster boxes are only purchasable from those who pledged the original kickstarter.

Apparently that's not true. Apparently they had them for sale at PAX as discussed in this forum thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1321476/can-be-bought-somew...

I find it hard to believe Guildmaster won't be purchasable at Gencon 2017, but I guess anything is possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chamberland
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Viper5121 wrote:
Arydis4 wrote:

That was PAX in March 2015. If they were sold - hard to believe as it was reported by only one person, it was free, and there are no reports of any other KS pledge bonuses being sold/given away like this - then they were clearing out their remaining stock after fulfilling all pledges and after dealing with all reported problems.

Guildmaster boxes were not available at Gen Con 2015, Gen Con 2016, Dragon Con 2015, or Dragon Con 2016.

You can be certain they will not be sold at Gen Con 2017.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Phan
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I believe it was just Warpaint Core and BTG boxes. Don't think they had the warpaint Guildmaster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.